User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 26-May-16 09:39:04
Print Post

Re: Bt business vs pules8 broadband

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

its the other way round roberto, the vast majority of servers do allow encryption on port 25, how do I know?

I just look at my email logs, over 95% of mail sent to other smtp providers is encrypted, all of it done on port 25.

For a server to not support starttls now days is not the norm, and typically the result of someone who has not been maintaining their services e.g. plusnet mail.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 26-May-16 10:27:26
Print Post

Re: Bt business vs pules8 broadband

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

The "vast majority"??? Maybe of what you use, but the "vast majority" of the hundreds of thousands or even millions that exist that you have used?

How many SMTP providers do you use tongue? One per mail system is the norm wink, and if you are meaning customers' systems you have set up then no doubt you tend to use just a few servers.

Server to server I would accept, but that is not what the consumer uses. They just have a mail client to a single server.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59240/14753kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to