User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Leenig
(experienced) Tue 21-Jun-16 09:15:11
Print Post

Re: Homehub 6 (smart hub)

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

Hi

Just wish to give all a heads up.

I called BT yesterday and was told i could only have a Smart Hub 6 if I recontacted for 18 months and pay £50 for the hub and a delivery charge of £7 approx. Ive looked at some reviews and the BT press release.

It states extisting Infinity customers can purchase a unit for £50 (they don't mention a delivery charge) or by reconstructing. It does NOT state you must have both componets to obtain the Smart Hub.

Existing BT Infinity customers will be able to get a BT Smart Hub for free by recontracting or can buy one for just £50.

I have complained this morning saying it was mis sold -I did ask and was told i was incorrect.

Just beware all when you call.

Lee
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Jun-16 09:37:33
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by epyon:
I see many saying

they added £7.50 a month onto my bill

whats that about?

i still have a discount till April next year

As far as I am aware it is only free to those on infinity 2 without discounts, so we are talking base price of around £32/33 of the top of my head. With discounts, you are right, they will offer it for free but you would see the price going upto a non-discounted price.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 21-Jun-16 09:44:40
Print Post

[re: WelshWArrior] [link to this post]

At a guess paying £25/m on Infinity 2 now, and £32.50 is the standard price

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WelshWArrior
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 21-Jun-16 10:05:52
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

You guess correctly wink That's a bit bad by BT but to be expected i guess. I'm not interested in the HH6 enough to pay an extra £7.50 a month. Plus I think the wife will kill me if I tell her we're paying an extra £7.50/month!!!

-------------------------------------------
BT Infinity 2 Unlimited
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/14633...
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Jun-16 10:50:46
Print Post

[re: WelshWArrior] [link to this post]

Also lets face it, if it's anything like the previous HHs it will take them two years to get the firmware stable & even then it wont be as stable as the Sky Hub or TalkTalk HG635 / 633.

In fact I use a HG635 from talktalk to avoid the HH reboots (which for me are far more often than every 14 days).

I am likely to get mine, use it, see a tonne of issues and put it in a draw.
Standard User gt94sss2
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 21-Jun-16 11:04:58
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Why not just wait a while before getting a Smart Hub then?

In my experience, it often takes a few firmware versions to optimise any modem etc. after it's been released - regardless of brand (so it's not just BT)

Otherwise, you could end up not using something that eventually works very well..
Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 21-Jun-16 11:24:10
Print Post

[re: gt94sss2] [link to this post]

The kit has been through a few trial phases over a vast time, so all being well it should be good to go from day 1

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Jun-16 11:26:21
Print Post

[re: gt94sss2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gt94sss2:
Why not just wait a while before getting a Smart Hub then?

In my experience, it often takes a few firmware versions to optimise any modem etc. after it's been released - regardless of brand (so it's not just BT)

Otherwise, you could end up not using something that eventually works very well..

I got it for free, so will give it a whirl. If I have issues I will return to my previous setup. I didn't pay the £50 like others here, or have a contract price rise. I am still paying £10pm on infinity 1. I paid £50 upfront and got a £50 credit applied to the account. So why not right?

Edited by ukhardy07 (Tue 21-Jun-16 11:26:40)

Standard User gt94sss2
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 21-Jun-16 11:36:36
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Ah well, if you didn't pay for it.. smile

Have to say the the use of the Broadcom chipsets quoted does seem like good news.
Standard User gt94sss2
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 21-Jun-16 11:40:58
Print Post

[re: BuckleZ] [link to this post]

Yes, I am sure there will be no "show stopping" issues given the tests BT will have carried out but that doesn't mean the firmware won't be improved/optimised over time..

The Zyxel I use most of the time is very reliable - has been released for about two years - and has had had at least 14 different firmware versions released for it. I expect there will be more as they continue to tweak the code..
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to