User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Mon 04-Jul-16 12:29:55
Print Post

Re: Homehub 6 (smart hub)

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Wish I wouldn have found that the other day, I ended up waiting on chat for ages for them to get the order confirmed and good I did as the order wasn't placed at first.

It is moment like that where I hate being a BT customer.

BTInfinity - 79999/19999kbps - Huawei HG612 + Archer C9
VirginMedia - 77000/5250kbps - Super Hub 2ac
SkyFibre - 39998/9995kbps - Sky Q Hub
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 04-Jul-16 13:10:44
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

Yes... Their CS service worse than every other ISP I've dealt with.

Even the UK support, whilst being really friendly, often promise things e.g. that the smarthub will be with me in 48 hours, when in reality it does not get dispatched at all for over a week, when I called again they then back-tracked and claimed it was not available.

Small things such as package changes have resulted in the entire line being ceased.

I have never dealt with an ISP which manages to get quite so much wrong. I would say every single communication with BT to date has resulted in another problem.

The little things which you would not expect to cause issues generally do, for example I placed the Smart Hub order online and My BT Order Tracking appears to now show an engineer, for some unknown reason.

Anyway, come next February I will be leaving without a question. Until then I am just grinning and rolling with it. Connection wise it is flawless.

I would say in terms of CS, TalkTalk and BT are very similar.
Virginmedia and Sky are both leaps and bounds ahead for overall CS. The difference is honestly staggering and you really really feel that difference.
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Mon 04-Jul-16 13:15:53
Print Post

The only ISP I've had consistly good customer service with is Sky, Virgin's not too bad but theirs alot of lieing that can go on and also some other issues which Virgin are currently investigating.

TalkTalk... attempted once....

BT... hard to get anyone that knows anything, always ends up with a complaint being raised before any help is made available.

Unfortunately Sky wasn't suitable for me, and BT is the only ISP that FTTC seems to work well on... IE. Capacity seems good.

Anyway, getting off topic, for those interested I will be running a Q&A for the new Smart Hub from Thursday all being well... I'll be starting a new thread for it, so keep your eyes peeled if interested.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 04-Jul-16 13:22:13
Print Post

Yep, I used to enjoy ringing Sky we would often have a laugh and discuss our favorite cocktails. They're the best of the bunch in my opinion. Nobody is absolutely perfect, but alas, that's life. I am considering switching over entirely to Sky Q.
Standard User epyon
(experienced) Mon 04-Jul-16 19:18:06
Print Post

They are a mixed bag that is for sure

If you're lucky enough to get a hold of the scottish centres they're mostly alright for sorting things out

But beware the BT billing dept

i used to work there in 2010 and people don't give a heck

There where a few that just trolled

hanging up on customers and laughing was a usual practice.

BT Infinity 2 - 80/20
BT Infinity 2 Speedtest *Smart Hub*
BT Mobile - 4G
BT Mobile 4G Speedtest *Huawei PLK-L01*
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 04-Jul-16 20:28:18
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by epyon:
But beware the BT billing dept

i used to work there in 2010 and people don't give a heck

There where a few that just trolled

hanging up on customers and laughing was a usual practice.

Sounds about right, I had a nightmare sorting out a refund for an account which was not ceased properly after migration, one of them hung up on me. Needless to say it will be a very long time before the person I was helping considers returning to BT.

Oliver.
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Tue 05-Jul-16 21:36:36
Print Post

Well my new hub still not been dispatched.... they've only had since 11am Saturday morning to dispatch it of course...

If it don't arrive tomorrow I'll be ripping [censored] out of BT's complaints department.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 05-Jul-16 23:24:00
Print Post

Same thing happened to me. Over a week later I called, they claimed they could not send one out and a home hub 5b arrived... I hope you experience is slightly better.

I ordered online on the website yesterday and it has apparently been dispatched. Appears computers are better at getting things done than BT customer service.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Jul-16 10:14:41
Print Post

I despair, Royal Mail tracking number shows

"Status: Sorry - we don't recognise that reference number"

I am not holding my breath.
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Jul-16 12:34:29
Print Post

Well my orders not been dispatched it seems, I've just this morning sold my existing router on eBay too...

I've had to ask them if they can wait and also placed a new order online for the Hub and wrote a complaint to BT demanding part or full refund for the hub and postage.

This is going to be going on the list of 'Why Nots' when considering BT as an ISP in future.

The my New, New, New Hub should be here on Friday now.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to