User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User epyon
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 11-Sep-16 00:51:42
Print Post

Re: BT Home Hub 6 - Feedback

[re: hypertony] [link to this post]

My first one was fine for 6 weeks then kept restarting

so i got a replacement which was even worse with in 3-4 days it started disconnecting wifi randomly/locking up

i ended up buying a replacement TP-link.

BT Infinity 2 - 80/20
BT Infinity 2 Speedtest *Smart Hub*
BT Mobile - 4G
BT Mobile 4G Speedtest *Huawei PLK-L01*
Standard User WelshWArrior
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 13-Sep-16 13:11:28
Print Post

Had mine a couple of months now. Not impressed so back to HG612.

Too many reliability issues - overheating and restarting. Hopefully a firmware update will sort the issues because the Wireless was very good.

-------------------------------------------
BT Infinity 2 Unlimited
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/14676...

Edited by WelshWArrior (Tue 13-Sep-16 13:11:54)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 13-Sep-16 13:16:56
Print Post

[re: WelshWArrior] [link to this post]

Can't you feed it from the HG612?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WelshWArrior
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 13-Sep-16 13:58:17
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

To be honest, I have no need. I have 3 Cisco AiroNet APs in the house as it is which more than cover the whole place and garden smile

-------------------------------------------
BT Infinity 2 Unlimited
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/14676...
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 13-Sep-16 14:03:38
Print Post

[re: WelshWArrior] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by WelshWArrior:
Had mine a couple of months now. Not impressed so back to HG612.

Too many reliability issues - overheating and restarting. Hopefully a firmware update will sort the issues because the Wireless was very good.
Well I tried our free Smart Hub for 5 days a couple of weeks ago on our ADSL2+ connection. It was to originally to set it up ready for our FTTP order to be installed (still waiting BTW)

But the issues we had was the latency was a lot higher, it was stable for 3 days with absolutely no issues at all, then came all the disconnects every few mins to every hour.

I got that fed up of it so I went back to my HH4 and put the Smart Hub back in its box.

I never had any heat issues or any constant rebooting of the hub, only the dropping of the connection.

There was some cosmetic issue with the GUI and some of the information displaying wrong information etc, but apart from that it wasn't that bad.

I am sure it will be fine when the engineers come out to do our external and internal work.

But in my eyes the Smart Hub isn't that smart on ADSLx.

Paul
Standard User omnius
(member) Tue 13-Sep-16 15:18:08
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:

You can with the smart hub 6b which is being sent to fttp users but the standard smart hub 6a (which everyone else gets) does not have that ability, its something to do with the firmware.

I was told by one of the bt mods that hub team are aware of the desire to be able to use a modem as backup and may add this ability in a future firmware update, mind you im not holding my breath as the list of problems people are having over on the bt forums is looking quite large.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10477...

The only difference in the two from the outside is the 6a has lan4 on the back and the 6b has wan in red instead of lan4

On a side note i've seen the hub6's in currys/pc world for sale for £99 but couldn't tell which one it was from the outside and the sales rep wasn't willing to open one to find out.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 14-Sep-16 00:07:09
Print Post

[re: omnius] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by omnius:
In reply to a post by RobertoS:

You can with the smart hub 6b which is being sent to fttp users but the standard smart hub 6a (which everyone else gets) does not have that ability, its something to do with the firmware.

I was told by one of the bt mods that hub team are aware of the desire to be able to use a modem as backup and may add this ability in a future firmware update, mind you im not holding my breath as the list of problems people are having over on the bt forums is looking quite large.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10477...

The only difference in the two from the outside is the 6a has lan4 on the back and the 6b has wan in red instead of lan4

On a side note i've seen the hub6's in currys/pc world for sale for £99 but couldn't tell which one it was from the outside and the sales rep wasn't willing to open one to find out.

FTTP versions of the Smart Hub are also Type A, I have one and it has a red label saying WAN where LAN port 4 would be.

Shown here is a picture of my Smart Hub.

According to the GUI it says it works on ADSL, VDSL which uses the DSL RJ11 socket connected to the line and FTTP which uses the WAN RJ45 socket connected to the ONT.

Paul
Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 14-Sep-16 16:49:47
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Type B won't be far behind the Type A

BT Infinity 2 using HH5A
TBB Speedtest
My Broadband Ping
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 14-Sep-16 19:24:00
Print Post

After reading all this negative stuff about the 6, and having seen a fair few in situ .... Today I met my first truly faulty one .... it would sync, eventually but only at 2 meg ish .... My tester showed the line as capable of 72 meg ....

Och well.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 14-Sep-16 23:58:03
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

I wonder how many homeowners would have simply said "BT broadband sucks" or just assumed their netflix was buffering because "it's peak times."

A friend of mine with a network 3 phone recently said "there's too many people in London sucking the reception, 3 can't do anything." It always amazes me what people conclude lol.

I still have to say my hh6 is the best hub I've ever owned. It beats the talktalk hg633 which is just a nightmare.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Wed 14-Sep-16 23:59:14)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to