With their usual lack of documentary enthusiasm, BT appears not to have put much information on the web about this new router, with which we will probably be supplied when we get some new fibre lines from BT.
Please could someone who knows about these things tell me:
1) is the BT Business Hub 6 yet available to business customers?
2) is this the same as the "SmartHub"?
3) does it have any major features to distinguish it from the Home Hub 6?
And specific features which I'd like to know if it supports:
• VPN and SSL VPN Tunnels/VPN termination
- for inter-site connection/meshing
- for Remote Desktop (RDP) from home into work servers and PCs
• adequate number of VPN tunnels and total VPN bandwidth
• "policy-based routing" (which Microsoft and Cisco call "conditional forwarding")
• static routes
• remote management of router (usually switched off, but should be available)
• switchable wireless feature (we don't actually want wireless!)
(Possibly at this point I should say "Hi Sarah!"!)