User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 23-Jan-17 12:53:00
Print Post

Re: More price Rises..

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Yes, I am happily paying £35pm now, instead of £40pm. (The base ADSL2+ price was/is unchanged).

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Mon 23-Jan-17 13:18:11
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Yes, I am happily paying £35pm now, instead of £40pm. (The base ADSL2+ price was/is unchanged).

Nice!. I'm looking at them I will admit. Just ended my second month on TTB at 955GB according to TBB meter. so my usage has gone way way down

With the TV and the wifes usage that would double, but that's unlimited. AA would be just for me.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 23-Jan-17 17:10:32
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

wasnt aware they went up last year no, I thought was just line rental.

These increases are massive in % terms, I am surprised customers are not leaving BT in their droves in this so called price sensitive market.

So in 2 years infinity up by a fiver?

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Mon 23-Jan-17 17:19:39
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
wasnt aware they went up last year no, I thought was just line rental.

These increases are massive in % terms, I am surprised customers are not leaving BT in their droves in this so called price sensitive market.

So in 2 years infinity up by a fiver?

Basically yes. I gave my 30 days notice today and they have wiped the ETC's from my account. Now I have 3 choices. Do nothing and it will go onto a 30 day contract (I am told), Call them back within 30 days to confirm the cease or find another ISP
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Jan-17 21:01:34
Print Post

30 days notice of what, Broadband and or phone line?

If you plan to cease the whole line you will be charged a fee of about £31.

We moved everything over to FTTP including our phone line (i.e. FVA), so we are now no longer using our copper phone line at all and we was charged £31 due to that.

The sad thing was we wasn't told anything about the charges of moving everything over to fibre.

So you might want to look into that as well.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Mon 23-Jan-17 22:40:38
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Yes everything and no, BT won't charge for a cease due to a price rise. They didn't last time put it that way and I don't expect it to happen again

Your move to FTTP was due to what you wanted, so the cease would apply.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 23-Jan-17 23:51:13
Print Post

Did you "Cease" the line, or migrate out penalty free? Big difference.

If you did a Cease that would have meant starting from scratch with the next ISP on that line. New phone number included, not that I expect the number matters.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Tue 24-Jan-17 03:07:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
Yes everything and no, BT won't charge for a cease due to a price rise. They didn't last time put it that way and I don't expect it to happen again

Your move to FTTP was due to what you wanted, so the cease would apply.

We never moved to anyone else, we upgraded there is a difference.

Also I wasn't referring to an early cancellation fee, I was referring to the charge you have to pay when the line is cut off and no longer in use, you have to pay £31 for that.

The Broadband Cease Charge is a compensatory charge raised in certain circumstances to cover the additional cost to BT of the work required within an exchange to recover equipment and amend records when a Broadband line is ceased.

When will the charge be raised?
This charge will be raised should you:
  • Switch to a Cable provider
  • Switch to another Broadband provider without following the standard transfer process*
  • Cease your Broadband completely
  • Cease your Broadband and move outside of the UK

When won't the charge be raised?
This charge will not be raised should you:
  • Live in an exchange area with no cease charges (use the checker to see this)
  • Move home and you re-connect to BT Broadband via the homemover process
  • Move home and we are unable to provide the service at your new UK address
  • You are ceasing service due to bereavement or severe illness

How much will I be charged?
The cease charge is £31 and will be added to your final bill.

See your full Broadband Terms and Conditions

For information on additional charges you may incur if you leave during your minimum period click here
* This requires you to contact your new provider.

BT won't charge for you changing to a different provider due to price rise, sadly if your dropping the entire line and not using it you will get charged £31.

That's what I was referring to, but if your moving everything to a new provider i.e. phone and broadband etc you should be fine.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Tue 24-Jan-17 10:22:55
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Did you "Cease" the line, or migrate out penalty free? Big difference.

If you did a Cease that would have meant starting from scratch with the next ISP on that line. New phone number included, not that I expect the number matters.
\

Being Honest I ceased. I came back to BT a month later. They did a start of the line as it was still connected and BT expedited the FTTC and it was back on within 2 days as I had the HH5B still. They then sent me a HH6 out of the blue. Same number but as you righty said, not important as the number is never used apart from availability checking.
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Tue 24-Jan-17 10:24:25
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Well they have yet to do so - and if they do I will pay it. But when I called he said to me (and I recorded the call with his permission) that all early termination and cessation charges had been removed.

I will let you know after the 22nd of feb which is when it's all shutting down.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to