User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 25-Mar-17 12:39:26
Print Post

Re: Very disappointed with BT's customer service

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

150GB is only £35pm, with a choice of phone options. My line is with Pulse8broadband at £13 + £1 caller display.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65618/13914Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Mar-17 17:04:38
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
Even though their over-seas support is a complete waste of time and money, which BT are now realising due to they are reducing those support centres by 80% and moving to more UK based call centres, so it should get better over time.
That's another laugh. They have told us that every year for at least the last five. Except originally it wa to be "all", not 80%. Though I don't recall it now going to be 80%, is that correct?

That's what I was told, and 9 out of 10 times I phoned BT when I have had an issue its been UK based, it seems billing was still over seas.

But now I have Fibre I directly phone the required department which has now been all UK based.

Maybe FTTP/FTTH is only supported by UK based support?

But I can only say who has dealt with my calls.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Mar-17 17:16:24
Print Post

[re: alext05] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by alext05:
Most of the staff I spoke to were UK-based.

For me it's all about their internal processes and general lack of care when things go wrong. It felt as if nobody has an ownership of issues.

Well I know there are loads of notes flagged on our BT account due to when ever an agent deals with us they are all reading the notes.

Now maybe those notes and flags are pointing to the fact I have got my local MP involved and also the CEO and Chairman involved they then make more effort in the issue.

I might be wrong, but every time I have had an issue and I have phoned them it was dealt with there and then if it was possible, if not it was over the next day or two.

Like the issue at our splitter node was dealt with in just a day, i.e. the engineers was sent out the next day.

It also depends on the actual member of staff, some seem to really hate their job, this could be down to all of us all moaning at them, some raising their voices at them, I TBH have always spoken to them in a calm manor.

Granted not everything in the past has been resolved and yes I have been fobbed off a few times, but an email sent to the right person normally resolves the issue when its been possible.

As for the overseas people I have always kindly asked to speak to a UK based staff member and also spoke technical to them to a point they pass me onto somebody else.

Paul

TBB Speedtest

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sun 26-Mar-17 10:19:11
Print Post

150GB is only £35pm, with a choice of phone options. My line is with Pulse8broadband at £13 + £1 caller display.

They do, that's something I forgot to mention -Thanks for adding that. smile
Standard User alext05
(committed) Sun 26-Mar-17 12:21:39
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

An update: Had a call on Saturday from someone dealing with my complaint, who said all the right things and had done simple common sense stuff, like a confirmation of updated contract from a personal account due to the way their automated systems operate. He also offered a chance for me to migrate to a different provider due to the way I was treated, ie ignore the fact that I am past the cooling off period.

He is also going to follow this up with me next week. So all is well now and I am thinking now whether to stay due to the fact that the service itself was fine.

Such a shame that these simple things have not been done by one of their reps before. It's like they were afraid or unwilling to do anything that had a tiny shred of personal responsibility. This could be a cultural thing and I sincerely hope that something is done about it if they are to improve their rankings.
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sun 26-Mar-17 17:11:12
Print Post

[re: alext05] [link to this post]

An update: Had a call on Saturday from someone dealing with my complaint, who said all the right things and had done simple common sense stuff, like a confirmation of updated contract from a personal account due to the way their automated systems operate. He also offered a chance for me to migrate to a different provider due to the way I was treated, ie ignore the fact that I am past the cooling off period.

He is also going to follow this up with me next week. So all is well now and I am thinking now whether to stay due to the fact that the service itself was fine.

Such a shame that these simple things have not been done by one of their reps before. It's like they were afraid or unwilling to do anything that had a tiny shred of personal responsibility. This could be a cultural thing and I sincerely hope that something is done about it if they are to improve their rankings.

I hope his name is Richard? if so he will sort you out smile - if not I am sure they will too but he's one of the "common" sights from the CEO's office/Complaints
Standard User Icaras
(experienced) Sun 26-Mar-17 19:36:54
Print Post

Even though their over-seas support is a complete waste of time and money, which BT are now realising due to they are reducing those support centres by 80% and moving to more UK based call centres, so it should get better over time.
That's another laugh. They have told us that every year for at least the last five. Except originally it wa to be "all", not 80%. Though I don't recall it now going to be 80%, is that correct?

Whenever I've spoken to them recently they've been in the UK.
Standard User Icaras
(experienced) Sun 26-Mar-17 19:45:00
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Most of the staff I spoke to were UK-based.

For me it's all about their internal processes and general lack of care when things go wrong. It felt as if nobody has an ownership of issues.

Well I know there are loads of notes flagged on our BT account due to when ever an agent deals with us they are all reading the notes.

Now maybe those notes and flags are pointing to the fact I have got my local MP involved and also the CEO and Chairman involved they then make more effort in the issue.

I might be wrong, but every time I have had an issue and I have phoned them it was dealt with there and then if it was possible, if not it was over the next day or two.

Like the issue at our splitter node was dealt with in just a day, i.e. the engineers was sent out the next day.

It also depends on the actual member of staff, some seem to really hate their job, this could be down to all of us all moaning at them, some raising their voices at them, I TBH have always spoken to them in a calm manor.

Granted not everything in the past has been resolved and yes I have been fobbed off a few times, but an email sent to the right person normally resolves the issue when its been possible.

As for the overseas people I have always kindly asked to speak to a UK based staff member and also spoke technical to them to a point they pass me onto somebody else.

Paul

No, more likely is that over the last 6 months or so BT Consumer have started paying Openreach for a higher "care level" as they call it. So the target fix time on those lines is now shorter than it used to be. They did an advertising campaign at the time and it will be noticeable.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sun 26-Mar-17 21:56:57
Print Post

[re: Icaras] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Icaras:

Whenever I've spoken to them recently they've been in the UK.

Agreed.

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sun 26-Mar-17 21:59:11
Print Post

[re: Icaras] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Icaras:
No, more likely is that over the last 6 months or so BT Consumer have started paying Openreach for a higher "care level" as they call it. So the target fix time on those lines is now shorter than it used to be. They did an advertising campaign at the time and it will be noticeable.

Well whatever has changed I was happy how it was all resolved, very chatty and polite, so I cannot fault them on that smile

Paul

TBB Speedtest
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to