I've been given a retention deal by BT that I have accepted over the phone, so this was fine. The trouble started once I haven't received their promised emails confirming the deal and the cooling off period details.
To keep it short, it transpired that they had problems sending emails despite multiple attempts by different customer service representatives.
Eventually, they said that they would send me a paper copy within ten days, that unfortunately hasn't materialised.
Another call and a promise for someone senior to call me back within 72 hours to help with this, that again hasn't happened. The rep also said that the price I would be paying is much higher than what was agreed, so that was unexpected and worrying.
Logged a complaint online and am waiting, but now firmly thinking about migrating. I understand that I might be still technically on a rolling contract as I never had their confirmation of a new deal, so if I migrate, no penalties would apply. Is that right? I would also ask Ofcom for advice on this.
Not impressed at all by BT, I now know why the get the lowest ratings for their service from Ofcom.