User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User kafkaesque
(newbie) Sat 01-Jul-17 09:51:45
Print Post

Re: Kafkaesque Nightmare - Infinity Migration

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Well, good news!

I have an Infinity Service

The Wholesale engineer carried out the tests and all was fine, but still no service- so he called through to the helpdesk and within 5 mins the desk had identified that my profle was missing header and other information. In the time it took for me to make the engineer a cup of tea - the issue was fixed via a new profile build.

One interesting point - the first engineer from Boost (nearly two weeks ago) , mentioned that they were no longer allowed to call through to the helpdesk as the waiting time for engineers in the week could be up to 30 mins. All of the engineers had been told not to call through but to make the report on their visit and that was all. Today, being a Saturday, the engineer who visited was able to get through to the helpdesk in 5 mins.....and there you go.

So 12 day wait for a 5 min fix!

Mr Patterson needs to look at this as it is clearly unacceptable for the engineers to have this logjam of a call wait of 30 mins during the week....

Thanks for all the suggestions guys - particularly the email address for Mr Patterson...seemed to do the trick.

So, any advice on what realistic compensation I can claim for no service for 12 days (and I paid £50 for the activation)? - I am not being a mercenary.....but the last 12 days have been a nightmare.....
Standard User eckiedoo
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 01-Jul-17 10:56:10
Print Post

[re: kafkaesque] [link to this post]

I wonder what would cost BT etc more, the Engineer waiting for a reply from the Help Desk; or the multiple visits and compensation?
Standard User 961a
(member) Sat 01-Jul-17 14:19:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by kafkaesque:
Well, good news!

I have an Infinity Service

The Wholesale engineer carried out the tests and all was fine, but still no service- so he called through to the helpdesk and within 5 mins the desk had identified that my profle was missing header and other information. In the time it took for me to make the engineer a cup of tea - the issue was fixed via a new profile build.

One interesting point - the first engineer from Boost (nearly two weeks ago) , mentioned that they were no longer allowed to call through to the helpdesk as the waiting time for engineers in the week could be up to 30 mins. All of the engineers had been told not to call through but to make the report on their visit and that was all. Today, being a Saturday, the engineer who visited was able to get through to the helpdesk in 5 mins.....and there you go.

So 12 day wait for a 5 min fix!

Mr Patterson needs to look at this as it is clearly unacceptable for the engineers to have this logjam of a call wait of 30 mins during the week....

Thanks for all the suggestions guys - particularly the email address for Mr Patterson...seemed to do the trick.

So, any advice on what realistic compensation I can claim for no service for 12 days (and I paid £50 for the activation)? - I am not being a mercenary.....but the last 12 days have been a nightmare.....

Glad it's fixed. That's what these guys do

"I am not being mercenary"

Of course not!

How about another polite e-mail to the boss saying how appreciative you are that his team managed to fix things so speedily and asking if he would consider refunding the £50 activation fee in view of the delay and inconvenience

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sat 01-Jul-17 14:36:10
Print Post

Glad its now all fixed.

I think the Engineers should get an dedicated phone number which gets them to a dedicated switchboard for the engineers, whom which can forward their call directly to the team required.

What annoys me is the fact that we have to go down these routes every time we want to get stuff resolved.

As for a compo, each cancelled or missed engineer visit (responsible by BT) is £X, then there is the time without connection, and then the stress of it all.

Just say you don't want to be greedy or anything, but 3 to 4 weeks free broadband would in your eyes would be fine.
If you get offered anything around 3 or above weeks take it, but I am guessing you might get offered around 3.

Without saying what I got, I chose what I thought was realistic for all the stress and hassle I had to go through which I won't go into, but I think I could of pushed for more, but just couldn't be bothered, BT Complaints jumped to what I asked for so quick you wouldn't believe me.

Overall I was happy, BT was happy and that was it.

As for your £50 activation fee, you would still have to pay for that no matter what, so you cannot bring that into the compo.

So the compo should just be for the following:
1: Cancelled or missed engineer visits where you was not at fault.
2: Time without broadband.
3: Any stress you have gone through.

Not too sure if I missed anything out.
Cannot remember the compo for missed engineer visits, was it £10 per missed visit (anyone?)

So in my eyes like I have said you can try for the 3 to 4 weeks of free broadband for your compo.

Also see what everyone else suggests before you make you choice.

But its entirely up to you what you choose.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | BQM #4 Linksys WRT 3200 ACM
Standard User witchunt
(committed) Sat 01-Jul-17 17:54:34
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

I think the Engineers should get an dedicated phone number which gets them to a dedicated switchboard for the engineers, whom which can forward their call directly to the team required

You want receptionists rather than have more people available to speak to the field engineers whilst they are on site to resolve these problems 1st time?
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sat 01-Jul-17 21:02:36
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by witchunt:
I think the Engineers should get an dedicated phone number which gets them to a dedicated switchboard for the engineers, whom which can forward their call directly to the team required

You want receptionists rather than have more people available to speak to the field engineers whilst they are on site to resolve these problems 1st time?

Was that a question or a statement?

Getting through to the switchboard doesn't take long at all, well it doesn't for me.

Its the individual departments that keeps you in the queue the long time, they need the more staff.

The actual switchboard staff might be ok as is due to you are not really with them that long, and only there to redirect you to the correct departments.

That's what I was getting at.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | BQM #4 Linksys WRT 3200 ACM
Standard User witchunt
(committed) Sun 02-Jul-17 00:00:04
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Thats what call steering is for. Engineers dont need or want to speak to receptionists.

Edited by witchunt (Sun 02-Jul-17 00:00:45)

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 02-Jul-17 11:25:46
Print Post

One interesting point - the first engineer from Boost (nearly two weeks ago) , mentioned that they were no longer allowed to call through to the helpdesk as the waiting time for engineers in the week could be up to 30 mins. All of the engineers had been told not to call through but to make the report on their visit and that was all.

That really isn't correct, yes there has been some huge wait times of late, but to tell staff that they just shouldn't bother is wrong, wrong, wrong.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 02-Jul-17 11:26:51
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

+1

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to