User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User tommey74
(newbie) Sun 14-Oct-18 12:43:40
Print Post

Openreach say YES to Gfast BT say it's unavailable...

[link to this post]

Well I was hoping after receiving several emails directly from BT saying I could upgrade to Ultrafast (Gfast) for just £7.00 extra per month that I could finally ditch the appalling Virgin Media service I have had for the past 4 years however this is where things get very strange so I will add a few screen caps of emails and websites.

First of all lets take a look at one of the emails I got from BT

BT EMAIL SCREENCAP

Now let's take a look at what happens when I use the link in the email and attempt to upgrade.

BT WEBSITE ULTRAFAST UNAVAILABLE SCREENCAP

Next thing I tried was inputting my number and postcode in to the Openreach when and where website which gave me the following information.

BT OPENREACH SCREENCAP

So the Openreach website clearly states that Ultrafast is available to order so I decide to give BT a call and after a few minutes of silence the lady comes back to me and says sorry ultrafast in unavailable to you.

Could someone in the know with the right contacts at Openreach and or BT take a look in to this for me please?

I am connected to:

Cabinet: 30
Exchange Name: Blackheath
OLO: CMBLAC
County: Sandwell
Region: West Midlands

Any information would be superb.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 14-Oct-18 13:42:45
Print Post

Re: Openreach say YES to Gfast BT say it's unavailable...

[re: tommey74] [link to this post]

Looks like BT Wholesale are not ready for service on the exchange as no-one is showing with G.fast via the wholesale checker

i.e. Openreach can add the pod and commission it, but then if your provider uses BT Wholesale also needs them to put their handover links in place at the handover exchange.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 14-Oct-18 14:26:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by tommey74:
Well I was hoping after receiving several emails directly from BT saying I could upgrade to Ultrafast (Gfast) for just £7.00 extra per month that I could finally ditch the appalling Virgin Media service I have had for the past 4 years however this is where things get very strange so I will add a few screen caps of emails and websites.
How are you getting an email about this from BT Retail, which seems to have your account number on, offering you a £7 upgrade to 100Mbps, when your broadband is with Virgin Media? Do you have FTTC as well?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 01/10/18 - 71908/13506Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tommey74
(newbie) Sun 14-Oct-18 15:02:21
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommey74:
How are you getting an email about this from BT Retail, which seems to have your account number on, offering you a £7 upgrade to 100Mbps, when your broadband is with Virgin Media? Do you have FTTC as well?

Maybe I should have made it clear in my first post YES I have both BT Infinity and Virgin broadband services, Virgin is simply not up to the standard for gaming.

Edited by tommey74 (Sun 14-Oct-18 15:03:19)

Standard User tommey74
(newbie) Sun 14-Oct-18 15:06:29
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Looks like BT Wholesale are not ready for service on the exchange as no-one is showing with G.fast via the wholesale checker

i.e. Openreach can add the pod and commission it, but then if your provider uses BT Wholesale also needs them to put their handover links in place at the handover exchange.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, still makes me wonder why BT are sending me emails offering to upgrade my existing FTTC to ultrafast if it's not even available.

Guess I will just have to keep on waiting, just like I have been waiting 4 years for Virgin Media to fix fault code F004670584.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 14-Oct-18 15:24:48
Print Post

Likely they did the mailing list based on what Openreach said versus what BT wholesale said.

NOTE: If Openreach is live then other operators like TalkTalk who have their own handover fibres may be able to offer the service.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User tommey74
(newbie) Sun 14-Oct-18 22:22:36
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Likely they did the mailing list based on what Openreach said versus what BT wholesale said.

NOTE: If Openreach is live then other operators like TalkTalk who have their own handover fibres may be able to offer the service.

I do not want to be a TalkTalk customer based on what I have been told by friends and also what I have read online so I guess I will have to wait for BT to sort themselves out.
  Print Thread

Jump to