User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 29-Mar-19 00:13:51
Print Post

Re: BT really are a bit keen !!! :-)

[re: gomezz] [link to this post]

That's surely a nonsense? All ISPs have to cap speeds output to Openreach (or their wholesaler have to do it for them) to below the possible output from their routers to the user from the DSLAM. Current sync minus overheads - hence the IP Profile on BT Wholesale.

That applies on 80/20 as well as lower products, as 80/20 is in itself an Openreach sync cap on VDSL2 profile 17a.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User TrevorSP
(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Mar-19 11:11:34
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi Bob,

I use OpenDNS for what it is worth and I have just noticed that since the "free update" I have had my DNS settings reset to BT's DNS settings P L U S . . . . . . .

I have noticed that it now reports, for the first time in two years, STATIC IP !!!

I always thought you had to pay extra for a static IP?!

Speak soon,

Regards,
Trevor

Never forget the people who taught you about life. You should be teaching eight others; that way the world will be a better place. (Me, 2000)
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 29-Mar-19 12:51:28
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I was thinking more of the manual intervention and support costs involved rather than the automatic capping based on sync rates etc.

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User witchunt
(experienced) Sun 31-Mar-19 10:06:06
Print Post

[re: gomezz] [link to this post]

It was a concession to price rises.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to