User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobFlet
(experienced) Tue 24-Sep-19 21:18:23
Print Post

Re: My FTTC has been slowing down and dropping out after 3 y

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

Aha - it did say that the average upload was 12megs for M200 connections.

Interesting that they have now changed their guff to say average upload speed of 20 megs! and average download of 230megs!

Looks like a good deal now my next chat to BT will be interesting, especially since I was told last week on Wednesday the op has escalated it to the next level and I would be called either Thurs/Fri/Sat! No call, or missed either!

Rob.

1999 Freeserve Dial up --> Freeserve Anytime ---> 2005 Wanadoo 512k BB ---> Jul 2009 Orange up 8 Megs(hah!) --> Nov 2009 O2 LLU -> Nov 2011 BT Infinity( getting 64 megs now on ethernet via TPlink homeplug 200's)

Dual Yamaha AW16G user using MIDI MMC for 16 tracks
Red5Audio Microphones
FujiFilm HS-10 User
Standard User RobFlet
(experienced) Mon 30-Sep-19 14:00:45
Print Post

[re: RobFlet] [link to this post]

Well, after weeks of trying BT have said there IS a fault on the line when they tested last Wednesday. Supposedly fixed today, and phone call expected on Wednesday to check.

Well, the op on Wednesday got me to reset the hub using a paperclip in the little hole!

The effect of that was to shave another 1 meg off my upload speed and 3 megs off my download speed. according to the tbb speed test, this has not changed, day or night or weekend.

Always 37.75 (+/- 0.2) and 8.1 (always 8.1, or 8.0). Before resetting the slow speed they were trying to fix was always 40.5 (+/- 0.1) and 9.1. I have the tbb logs! When doing the speed tests it quickly hits the max speeds and sits there for the rest of the test, not wavering one iota! Just like it was hitting a stop!

No change today, as somehow I have come to suspect. Hub fine, no restarts apart from the one last Wednesday (from above!).

No sign of an engineer being booked or knocking on the door. No sign of Openreach vans anyway along the route from my house to the cabinet!

Sigh

Would I really lose 50% of my speed due to "congestion", all of a sudden?

Not much longer before I can jump the BT ship (December). Might be sooner if Virgin will pick up the 2 months left, perhaps?

Rob.

1999 Freeserve Dial up --> Freeserve Anytime ---> 2005 Wanadoo 512k BB ---> Jul 2009 Orange up 8 Megs(hah!) --> Nov 2009 O2 LLU -> Nov 2011 BT Infinity( getting 64 megs now on ethernet via TPlink homeplug 200's)

Red5Audio Microphones
FujiFilm HS-10 User
Standard User RobFlet
(experienced) Wed 09-Oct-19 13:11:45
Print Post

[re: RobFlet] [link to this post]

Bt engineer checked the line from the point it entered the house. Got the same results as me before the hub!

All line faults fixed, hub stable as could be! Speeds not recovered at all, and went down after being asked to reset the hub.

Case manager has been on the phone, he cancelled todays engineer, and said that they are doing their legal bit supplying the minimum speeds for the line. This does not address why the line does not now support what it did 2 months ago. Anyway, he said it would now NEVER change, DLM wouldn't have any effect now as the line has been marked as being unstable. It will never get better, only worse.

So, finally, I have ordered my M200 product from Virgin Media. Installation 28th October. BT have waived the cancellation charges for my broadband and also my mobiles (which I have just re-contracted just before the BB went awol!). I will lose all the benefits of my mobiles coz I have BT BB - effectively doubling the cost of my mobiles!

So, bye bye BT hello Virgin.

btw, homeplugs were not an issue, removed them all and no change bar a few extra megs with a cable vs homeplugs!

Rob.

Red5Audio Microphones
FujiFilm HS-10 User

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to