User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User gc1
(regular) Fri 27-Mar-20 19:04:06
Print Post

All BT broadband packages now have unlimited data

[link to this post]

Some may not be aware that BT still had some broadband packages which were data limited - usually 15GB per month.

E.g. the discounted BT basic+broadband for people on means tested benefits.

And some older broadband products which some might still be on.

They have now made all packages have unlimited data.

The change on the account usage tracker appears to have happened in the last day or so. Interestingly the announcement says this is a permanent change. Also it is back dated to February.

https://www.bt.com/coronavirus
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 27-Mar-20 23:03:11
Print Post

Re: All BT broadband packages now have unlimited data

[re: gc1] [link to this post]

We're removing all caps on all of our broadband packages so every customer has unlimited data during this time.
It does however later in that section seem to say that access to NHS online is going to be permanently unmetered/free.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 27-Mar-20 23:04:11)

Standard User gc1
(regular) Fri 27-Mar-20 23:28:13
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes, some inconsistency there. Maybe bits of the announcement were written at different times. The FAQs at the bottom says "This is a permanent change, we will no longer have any limited broadband packages.".

Edited by gc1 (Fri 27-Mar-20 23:31:34)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 27-Mar-20 23:48:13
Print Post

[re: gc1] [link to this post]

Yes, very odd. I fully agree with you. I hadn't gone to the FAQ, though you obviously had because you mention the February backdate in your OP.

Even odder, read the first line of that FAQ smile.

I somehow think that the sentences containing "during this [difficult] time" should have gone walkies when the decision was taken to make it permanent.

Edit: Inserted the quote marks, for clarity.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 28-Mar-20 10:47:11)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 28-Mar-20 10:41:58
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

With the previously announced moving of people from ADSL2+ to VDSL2 (or FTTP if thats available) there would have been a general move from limited to unlimited anyway.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to