User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 17-May-20 22:47:13
Print Post

Re: BT Outage for about 14 mins...

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Just pointing out that such events happen on an almost daily basis.
I don't think they in anyway count as a national outage.

Have a look at downdetector history for BT over the past couple weeks and you'll see such blips happen most days.

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/bt-british-telecom...

Similar nighttime peaks can be seen on 15th, 13th, 12th(x2) and the 6th, with many more occurring in the afternoon/evening.

As I type this downdetector is showing an "outage" UK wide on BT.

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/bt-british-telecom...

With BT having so many customers and how downdetector works it almost always covers the entire map.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-May-20 00:23:11
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

I never said it was a national outage, maybe I should of worded it a different way.

I was just saying at the time of this outage all I saw was RED blotches all over the UK (but yeah you are right in there is always blotches over the UK showing BT outages), but I was just asking if anyone else lost connection around that time, but most people were probably asleep and didn't even notice which was why BT probably chose that time to do the work.

I have very messed up times that I am awake so I often work on stuff in the very early hours of the morning, which was why I noticed it.

Like I said it wasn't an issue for me due to I was working locally at the time and just saw the shell connection drop, so I just waited for the connection to come back up before I committed the code changes so all was fine here.

But like I have already said it was the very first time I saw the LOS go RED and the only time our connection had gone down like this since we have had FTTP.

But yeah, at least I now know why it went down that time.

Paul

Standard User GonePostal
(committed) Mon 18-May-20 00:54:00
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Just for the record, out in the sticks in rural Northumberland our IDNet connection had a loss of Internet connection of about a quarter of an hour at about 14:30 on Monday 11th. May. IDNet support were not aware of the loss of connection and had no information from their supplier (presumably BT on our Market A exchange).

The router maintained a connection without any re-sync but we lost all contact with the wider world while things were down. No further loss of connection since then. Possibly an early harbinger of the changes others went through later in the piece.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User GonePostal
(committed) Tue 19-May-20 09:17:28
Print Post

[re: GonePostal] [link to this post]

And then another similar loss of connection at about 01:30 this morning.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to