User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 25-Jun-20 23:16:59
Print Post

What's the catch?

[link to this post]

Whilst this post is about BT Line Rental, it applies whether you have BT Broadband or just a BT Phone and broadband from someone else.

Just changed our calling plan yesterday so that ALL outgoing calls to UK including mobile are now inclusive with no 60 minutes limit.

Noticed earlier on BT's website that if I opt for BT Line Rental Plus at £22.20 per month this will include the Calling Features (Call Diversion, Call Sign, Reminder Call and Ring Back ) that I am paying £9.87 per month for on top of Standard Line Rental of £20.20 per month.

So if I opt in, I would save £7.67 per month.

Is there a catch?

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold Home::1 FTTC DrayTek Vigor 2762ac Cisco SPA112 and HUAWEI E5776 with O2 Data SIM
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 26-Jun-20 09:17:33
Print Post

Re: What's the catch?

[re: Ancient_Mariner] [link to this post]

Does the option also give "Digital Voice"? If so, that's the catch.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connection - Three B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up. 1+ 8 Pro max 80Mbps down, 24Mbps up.
=========================
To argue with a mindless bigot is foolish.
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 26-Jun-20 11:05:49
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for that Bob.

Just checked and Digital Voice was not part of it.

So have just spoken with BT Sales and job done. I have almost halved what I have just paid for last months BT Bill.

Obviously will be taking a close look at our next Bill !

I wish that they would advertise this side of BT Retail more, rather than banging on re their Broadband...

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold Home::1 FTTC DrayTek Vigor 2762ac Cisco SPA112 and HUAWEI E5776 with O2 Data SIM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 27-Jul-20 19:54:21
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Had my first BT Bill today after my changes.

Line Rental - Including Calling Features £22.20
Unlimited Minutes Calling Plan £12.00

Including VAT

I made 119 calls totalling 978 Minutes, some over the hour, to Landline and Mobile and calls to my mobile that I had diverted.

Previously paying £75 in May and £65 in June

So quite a saving.

Cheers!

Clive

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 27-Jul-20 20:55:13
Print Post

It's amazing the savings you can make, that aren't obvious at first sight. Or look impossibly good. As I found when I ditched first my landline broadband and the landline itself a month later.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connection - Three B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up. 1+ 8 Pro max 80Mbps down, 24Mbps up.
=========================
To argue with a mindless bigot is foolish.
Standard User sparky_paul
(experienced) Thu 30-Jul-20 11:54:18
Print Post

Another option, as an existing BT customer, you can also get a mobile phone sim-only contract from BT with unlimited calls and texts (and 1GB data) for £5 a month - use that for all your calls, instead of a landline calls package.

>>> BTFibre 2 FTTC
  Print Thread

Jump to