User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 02-Aug-20 11:51:01
Print Post

Re: FTTP Switching Tiers?

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

I asked BT in the end and they said yes I can.

I recommend getting that in writing.

As mentioned previously it's entirely at their discretion wether to let you downgrade (and if there are any additional charges for this).

Downgrading will start a new 24 month minimum term again, at the lower package speed.

Edit: removed incorrect info

Edited by j0hn83 (Sun 02-Aug-20 16:51:58)

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sun 02-Aug-20 12:03:41
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

Well don't matter anyway, I've decided to go with another provider.

Matt - Just a JitteryPinger

10 years in Technical Customer Service, Construction Trades and Administration - Now I'm a Chef, whats next?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 02-Aug-20 16:27:59
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

That isn't how I read the quotes I posted. Or the rest of the same section that I edited out.

If the part I underlined doesn't apply, then an upgrade seems to continue within the original contract.

It probably did apply to what the OP was wanting to do, but not for any other upgrades other than the two specified.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connection - Three B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up. 1+ 8 Pro max 80Mbps down, 24Mbps up.
=========================
To argue with a mindless bigot is foolish.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 02-Aug-20 16:51:00
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Ah, quite confusing the number of references to recontracting.

So if it's a fibre to fibre upgrade (not ADSL to fibre) and there's no special offer (standard price) the original contract term will continue.

That isn't the case with a downgrade. A quick Google search of "can I downgrade my BT Broadband" brings up about a dozen results in the 1st 2 pages from the BT Forums (including posts from a mod) stating this needs a new contract/possible charges incurred.

My personal experience was they wouldn't allow me to downgrade unless I agreed to a new contract (I had 2 months left), which I didn't want to do.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to