User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 29-Jul-20 15:41:36
Print Post

Transferring From Talk Talk to BT

[link to this post]

When changing from TalkTalk to BT for telephone and broadband, do BT impose any one-off initial charge?

I have looked on-line and so far cannot find it.

Thanks.

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold Home::1 FTTC DrayTek Vigor 2762ac Cisco SPA112 and HUAWEI E5776 with O2 Data SIM
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 29-Jul-20 16:55:19
Print Post

Re: Transferring From Talk Talk to BT

[re: Ancient_Mariner] [link to this post]

It might depend on the package.

Also check out Quidco and TopCashBack for BT offers, but make sure you heed the warnings about BT cookies and either clear cookies before an ordering session, (I don't like doing that), or use a different browser you rarely use and clear them on that before ordering through either site if they have better offers than the BT site.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connection - Three B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up. 1+ 8 Pro max 80Mbps down, 24Mbps up.
=========================
To argue with a mindless bigot is foolish.
Standard User Highland76
(member) Wed 29-Jul-20 17:00:37
Print Post

I don't think they have any 'setup' fees but I do know they charge £9.99 for router delivery on (some?) packages such as FTTP - even if you have no plans to use their kit.

BT Business FTTP 330/50 -- Netgear RAX200

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 29-Jul-20 17:23:48
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks Bob. The transfer is not for me, but my cousin and she is involved with collecting through "easy fund raising", so will see what she wants if she goes ahead.

I have met BT cookies in the process of checking their website earlier, the cheeky blighters even sent me an email even though I had not on this occasion given it to them!

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold Home::1 FTTC DrayTek Vigor 2762ac Cisco SPA112 and HUAWEI E5776 with O2 Data SIM
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 29-Jul-20 17:26:23
Print Post

[re: Highland76] [link to this post]

Ah £9.99 - when I spoke to BT Sales earlier he said an amount which sounded like 19.99 but not a good line and there is a limit to how many times you can ask for a repeat!

A new router will be required, so that's OK.

Many thanks.

Cheers!

Clive

Standard User sparky_paul
(experienced) Thu 30-Jul-20 12:00:17
Print Post

The set up/router delivery fee comes and goes, it depends what offers they are currently doing. Currently £9.99.

I switched from TalkTalk (landline only, seperate supplier for BB) to BT with Fibre about 5 weeks ago, set up was free for me, £100 reward card to spend, and a further £25 cashback through topcashback.

>>> BTFibre 2 FTTC
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 30-Jul-20 12:16:17
Print Post

[re: sparky_paul] [link to this post]

That's interesting Paul.

Did you do the deal on-line or by telephone?

Which BT product is BT with Fibre, is that FTTP or FTTC? Their product names are often confusing...

Thanks.

Cheers!

Clive

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 30-Jul-20 13:13:19
Print Post

£19.99 up front/delivery on Fibre Essential
£9.99 up front/delivery Fibre 1

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User sparky_paul
(experienced) Thu 30-Jul-20 13:14:12
Print Post

You can see all the latest offers and click through from Andrew's site here

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband-offers

The best deals generally apply to the lower speed Fibre 1 & 2 products, should be available on FTTP and FTTC. We're on Fibre 2, 80Mb on FTTC - that's the best we can get. Paying £31.99 a month, no calls included, but we rarely use the landline anyway. BT are certainly not the cheapest for broadband, but being able to use BT hotspots is useful for us.

If you want inclusive calls, it's cheaper to get a mobile contract from BT for the calls, sim-only for £5 a month, unlimited calls & texts. I think unlimited landline calls on BT is currently £12/month, quite pricey. If you want a calls-inclusive package, I think NowBroadband are currently doing the cheapest deals.

You have to purchase online to get the 'BT Reward Card', and you have to click through from one of the participating affiliate sites, such as the link above - I went through broadbandchoices. BT & Plusnet seem to favour reward cards, John Lewis do JL gift vouchers, and some suppliers give Amazon vouchers.

The BT reward card is issued by BT, and is a debit card with the money pre-loaded onto it so you can spend it where you want. You claim your reward card 2 weeks after connection, and the value of it varies depending upon which package you sign up to.

I have an extra £25 coming from topcashback, for clicking from there to broadbandchoices, and you can also get a bonus as a new sign up to TCB. I used it because I'm already a member, there are other cashback sites, and some pay out a bit more. It's a bit of a rigmaroll, and it does take months to get the cashback, but free cash is free cash wink

I think that's everything, it got a bit long-winded, sorry about that. Hope it helps. Why they can't just knock you a fiver a month off, instead of faffing about with reward cards, I have no idea.

edit: Just had a quick look, setup is now £9.99, but reward card for Fibre 2 is £110, so it works out the same in the end wink

>>> BTFibre 2 FTTC

Edited by sparky_paul (Thu 30-Jul-20 13:59:13)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 31-Jul-20 12:33:54
Print Post

[re: sparky_paul] [link to this post]

Not done the Friday updates yet, but Fibre is down to £26.99 with £50 card this week

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to