User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 05-Mar-21 11:50:01
Print Post

Re: Download speed normal; upload barely above zero

[re: Internaut] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Internaut:
I have looked into that in EE's £55 per month product looks pretty good.
Go for an unlimited mobile phone sim for around £40 per month and get your own mobile broadband router, don't pay EE £55 per month for Mobile Broadband.
Standard User Internaut
(learned) Tue 09-Mar-21 11:24:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by Internaut:
Hi,

I seem to be in a bit of a pickle with BT... My download speeds are normal - well above the 48Mbps guarantee BT give me. Just recently, my upload speeds have gone from the expected 15-20Mbps to barely above 0,5! BT have done their usual automated checks and found no problems. And I've talked to an agent who gave a somewhat circular argument: we do not guarantee upload ergo we don't investigate upload problems. Looking on my account I can see:

- The fault I reported today is not there.
- There is a problem reported 2nd Feb (not reported by me!) - Broadband - UpfrontTest, and fixed 11th Feb.

Now, I live just around the corner from the box and OpenReach seem to have a man their pretty much permanently so can well imagine this interfering with existing customers.

My product: Fibre with BT Halo 2 (one of the FTTC products)

Slightly concerned because it's not so long since I renewed the contract so worried I may be stuck with the product through to late this year if BT refuse to investigate. And no idea where I stand legally.

I'm full time WFH due to [censored], at the moment, so fortunate to have a very good 5G to fall back on.

So things have gone pretty badly pear shaped again, with the internet unusable in the daytime (now, if anything, worse with the new router). As we very much depend on this utility, I've ordered a cheap 4G broadband router and a pretty attractive offer on a Smarty SIM (3's 4G is also very good, locally) as a (hopefully temporary) backup internet.

Obviously, I will just have to persist with with BT and see where I get with them. Looking at options going forward, bearing in mind the line from the wall socket seems to test fine:

- Is it worth obtaining a separate VDSL modem and testing that?
- What is the cost of walking away from a BT contract (in this case very) early?
Standard User Internaut
(learned) Tue 09-Mar-21 16:47:30
Print Post

I think the problem may be resolved by other means.... Router currently flashing purple and all attempts to rectify this locally (factory resets, re-seating cables and so on) have failed. BT are looking into it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Internaut
(learned) Tue 09-Mar-21 17:09:47
Print Post

And just like that it's fixed. I do wish the Open Reach engineer had called me before going to work on the cabinet.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to