User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User CJ8
(regular) Sat 08-Jun-13 14:36:37
Print Post

Re: BT changing mail supplier from Yahoo! to Critical Path

[re: deleted] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
you will keep the same email address
But not the disposable email addresses. I have hundreds of those, one for every company or website I deal with, so I know who has leaked my email address to hackers or spammers (surprisingly few apart from Symantec, ironically).

I'm not happy about having to change all of those.
Standard User Jaggies
(committed) Sat 08-Jun-13 15:42:03
Print Post

[re: CJ8] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by CJ8:
But not the disposable email addresses.

Get your own domain, then you can have all the disposable addresses you want and no issues if your ISP changes things, or you change ISPs.

Brian
From September 2001 on BTopenworld Home 500/Home 1000/Home 2000. Then ADSLMax on <n>ildram. Moved to ADSL2+ from ADSL24. I'm now with plusnet. I'm not saying who I work for. Any opinions expressed here are my own.
Standard User CJ8
(regular) Sat 08-Jun-13 17:39:34
Print Post

[re: Jaggies] [link to this post]

Thanks, I have a domain for my personal email address which I don't give to any companies but my registrar only allows 40 addresses per domain plus a catch-all which I disabled to cut down on spam. Looks like I need to find a better registrar.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Sat 08-Jun-13 18:11:43
Print Post

Looks like I need to find a better registrar.

Or get the domain's MX pointed to another company that handles email, or if you're upto it your own VPS server.

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Speeds 49 / 8.2 Mbps - Sync 53 / 9.5 Mbps @ 470m
Huawei modem -> RT-N66U -> Switch -> PC/Mac/Linux/NAS/Phone/TV - last speedtest
13 years of broadband - 1999 ntl:(512k/1M)/BTbusiness(2M)/Metronet(2M)/Bulldog(8M/16M)/BE(19M/16M)/BT FTTC(46M)
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 08-Jun-13 18:29:33
Print Post

Change to Tsohost, link in my sig. Get a year added on to your domain for free as well! Then £6.70 per two years. Web/mail hosting is £14.99pa with 10 mailboxes and unlimited aliases.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User CJ8
(regular) Sat 08-Jun-13 21:30:34
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks I'll take a look.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 09-Jun-13 18:57:55
Print Post

Thanks, I have a domain for my personal email address which I don't give to any companies but my registrar only allows 40 addresses per domain plus a catch-all which I disabled to cut down on spam. Looks like I need to find a better registrar.

no just find a host for the domain.

It seems you are also using your registrar as a host. So dont confuse the 2 things.

If you find a host that has no such limits, then have your registrar just forward dns lookups to the host.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012
Standard User CJ8
(regular) Sat 22-Jun-13 23:34:32
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
no just find a host for the domain.

It seems you are also using your registrar as a host. So dont confuse the 2 things.

If you find a host that has no such limits, then have your registrar just forward dns lookups to the host.
Thanks, yes I was using my registrar joker.com as a no-frills host for email and url forwarding.

In the end I signed up for tsohost Lite Hosting as recommended here, which should be enough for my 2 domains. A quick update of the nameservers at joker and it was all up & running.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to