General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 06-Dec-11 21:05:49
Print Post

Re: BT Business Broadband ADSL2+ and Cisco 877

[re: praethon] [link to this post]

Is it findable here?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User praethon
(newbie) Tue 06-Dec-11 21:14:30
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes it is available there to download but only if you have a service contract. It would appear that being registered with Cisco is no longer sufficient. Not sure if this is a recent thing or has always been the way for the latest releases. As I don't have a service contract I am unable to download version 0.0.026
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 06-Dec-11 21:18:45
Print Post

[re: praethon] [link to this post]

Ah frown!

That sucks.

"Our product is buggy, but if you want yours fixed you gotta pay us".

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User nickbeee
(newbie) Wed 25-Jan-12 20:02:51
Print Post

[re: nickbeee] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by nickbeee:
I have five of these 877s on Zen VPN8000 connections with long lines on various BT exchanges. Two in particular with long lines are giving me similar problems with line drops. I deduced via Samknows that one exchange is 21CN and despite being upgraded to "20MB max" I can't get it to connect in ADSL2+. The ADSL firmware is 3.0.??, even on a replacement that I purchased a couple of weeks ago.

I'm now in the process of sourcing ADSL firmware and IOS updates via the Smartnet route so it will be interesting to see if it solves this particular issue. I've also ordered a consumer-grade Netgear DG834 (which from home experience works very well with ADSL2+) which will prove a point if it is more stable than my current Cisco firmware!

Update on this - I tried a Netgear DG834V4 on the 21CN line after having it set back to ADSL max It ran stable for a couple of weeks. I then replaced the 877 with another flashed with adsl_alc_20190_4.0.017.bin and c870-advsecurityk9mz.124-15.T16.bin - no further problems to date.

Repeated on the 20CN line - it ran OK until we had a few days of windy weather then it went very intermittent. One one occasion when the link was down I picked up the associated phone and as soon as I got dial tone the ADSL sprang back into life (line current bridging a dodgy joint?). Despite several fault reports and BT visits they have not found a problem with the line so BT (via Zen) suggested I try the latest adsl_alc_20190_0.0.026.bin (strange out of sequence numbering!). If the problem continues after this firmware change then they have said they will investigate further...
Standard User praethon
(newbie) Sun 15-Jul-12 11:50:41
Print Post

[re: nickbeee] [link to this post]

If anybody still needs a copy of the latest firmware (adsl_alc_20190_0.0.026.bin ) for use with ST Microelectronics chipsets send me a PM. I now have a copy.

Stuart

Edited by praethon (Sun 15-Jul-12 11:51:47)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to