General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Xee
(member) Thu 13-May-10 00:06:13
Print Post

Re: The BT FTTC line stats thread

[re: drefsab] [link to this post]

Would like to know how to access my line stats for BT Infinity. Been connected for a day now, and seem to be connected at 38Mb down, 9Mb up!! Was predicted 22/9. So well pleased so far. BT engineer was saying the training period was 24Hrs, is he wrong and it's actually 10 days?

BT cabinet is about ~60m away, and the BT engineer connected at the full 40000kbps/10000kpbs, as I saw it on his kit. Attenuation has also dropped from 50db on ADSL LLU (5Meg), to 7.1db. Wish I had taken note of all the stats he had available. Hence would like to access them myself.

So far really impressed smile

BT Infinity Unlimited 38Mb/9Mb
Line Attenuation 7.1db/6db

Edited by Xee (Thu 13-May-10 00:08:22)

Standard User andro
(newbie) Thu 13-May-10 01:06:01
Print Post

[re: edisnotcircle] [link to this post]

Me too. please.... smile
I am 1.3km from my exchange connected to o2 LLU, I am connected at 7mb Down / 1.2mb up.
I get 45 ms pings to UK servers in Quake World. and 50ms pings to Dutch servers...
Please can someone who plays games, give an indication as stated before about how low the ping is and any latency issues in game?? packet loss problems... etc?
Thanks...!
Forgot to say I have a Green cabinet 50m from my house smile)) problem is no dates on rollout for my exchange yet :frown even though i live in a town with 13,000 residents and i live in town centre area on one side of road, industrial estate, other side is secondary school and housein estate, so im very hopeful BT will announce something soon (fingers crossed)

Edited by andro (Thu 13-May-10 01:09:07)

Standard User Xee
(member) Thu 13-May-10 02:55:02
Print Post

[re: andro] [link to this post]

I would say pings are generally the same as I had before on ADSL LLU.

Ping to bbc.co.uk = 20ms (exactly the same as before)
Ping to dutch quake3 server xs4all = 28ms (from cmd promt, not played Q3 for about a year, and don't play any PC games any more - if u have anything u want me to test just ask).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Pgre
(experienced) Thu 13-May-10 08:46:29
Print Post

[re: Xee] [link to this post]

Haven't yet seen any way to access the modem... thats the only way you will get them really.

Training period for me was within 24 hours.. in fact it went from about 28 to 37Mbps in about an hour.
Then stays at 37Mbps well has ever since.

I am hoping at some point someone will find a way of accessing the stats from the modem but right now I am still in honeymoon period having a connection so fast.

Regards PGre
Standard User Xee
(member) Thu 13-May-10 20:32:01
Print Post

[re: Pgre] [link to this post]

Well I have been looking at the modem box for the HUAEWEI EchoLife HG612, which I kept. On the front it says:

Support VDSL2
2 Ethernet Ports
Advanced Management via HTTP,TR-069
Support Router Mode and Built-in Firewall

There is also a big white sticker about the Modem being upgraded with a long code. Now the advanced management bit is the interesting part. Has it been disabled with custom firmware etc? Anyone got any ideas?

Standard User Xee
(member) Fri 14-May-10 12:26:57
Print Post

Hacking the BT Home Hub V2.0A
Would this be of any use? Anyone want to try it? Be aware that you may have a BT Home Hub v2.0B, which probably wont work using that method. It allows you to: "Now you can setup your non BT Username and password, ftp into the router and use telnet on 192.168.1.254"

Although interesting I think its the modem that holds the stats were looking for frown

On another note does anyone know if the BT Home Hub supports SNMP?

Edited by Xee (Fri 14-May-10 12:28:06)

Standard User Pgre
(experienced) Sat 15-May-10 18:24:22
Print Post

Its the modem we need to access.. not the Hub.

Regards PGre
Standard User Ignitionnet
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 16-May-10 10:38:40
Print Post

[re: ggremlin] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ggremlin:
thanks

looks like the 'last mile' takes circa 8ms wink

edit:
8ms to cabinet, and <10 to exchange

Neither cabinet nor exchange will appear in the traceroute. Just as with normal BT Retail DSL the first hop you'll see after your router is a BRAS somewhere in the BT network.
RIPE Info

Edited by Ignitionnet (Sun 16-May-10 10:41:09)

Standard User Crisp89
(newbie) Sun 16-May-10 14:43:54
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Can some people post up some ping stats from pingtest.net
Standard User ggremlin
(regular) Sun 16-May-10 20:54:14
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

it was more correct before I editied it!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to