General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Mon 04-Oct-10 22:16:02
Print Post

Re: FTTC - which cabinets and when?

[re: Pyrotequila] [link to this post]

I went and checked the phone pole we're attached to, the numbers on it were D0 525 if that's any help

Why ? .....and to be pedantic, that's not a DP number, which would be the salient information to glean from your pole.

Standard User Adsl24
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 04-Oct-10 22:26:48
Print Post

[re: Pyrotequila] [link to this post]

If you wish to PM me with your phone number/postcode I can see what I can find out for you if you wish smile

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk
Standard User Pyrotequila
(newbie) Mon 04-Oct-10 22:59:52
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
Why ? .....and to be pedantic, that's not a DP number, which would be the salient information to glean from your pole.

well I read the thread, absorbed some info about being able to determine what cabinet you're attached to based on what phone pole your house is hooked up to, then went and checked mine, only found those 5 digits so I assumed that must be the information mentioned earlier in this thread

/bored

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dj_diddler
(newbie) Tue 05-Oct-10 10:20:52
Print Post

[re: bookey] [link to this post]

Hi Paul,

Any information on WMWR yet?

Cheers

Dave

Standard User paulh
(member) Wed 06-Oct-10 23:09:13
Print Post

[re: dj_diddler] [link to this post]

Hi,

I'm in Hemel but quiet a long way from the Exchange. The BT checker only shows my line good for about 2Mb adsl although I do get 5Mb on a good day.
No sign of any local cabinets having Fibre yet. Does any anyone know if they are still putting in new fibre cabinets in Hemel and if so if its like to reach my area (HP1 3AU)?

Thanks

Paul
Standard User zag164
(newbie) Thu 07-Oct-10 18:56:52
Print Post

[re: paulh] [link to this post]

Hi,

I am in Colchester and in the latest round of FTTC Exchange anouncements my exchange (EAHWD) is scheduled to be FTTC enabled by September 2011.

I'm in a residential area on a 6km run and with Opal ADSL2+ I only get around 1.5Mb. So I am wishing away the next year to get FTTC.

1) Can I identify which cabinet I am connected to? Cabling here is all underground so do I have to ask a friendly Openreach engineer or is there a more scientific way?

2) Based on the earlier phases, How soon after the exchange announcements should I expect to see Openreach activity in the area?

3) How long roughly until a list of cabinets to be upgraded for this exchange is available?

Thanks
Mike
Standard User slom
(newbie) Wed 13-Oct-10 09:35:19
Print Post

Hi there. Just wondered if someone in the know could help me out here...

I'm in Bury St Edmunds (approx 2 miles from the exchange) which was upgraded to fibre in September. We're on a new estate and the nearest fibre cabinets are ~500m down the road towards the town centre. These are on either side of the road and look like they serve the other (older) estates. According to the availability checker I can't get Infinity and the sales team weren't able to tell me any more than that.

The strange thing is I can't find any BT cabinets anywhere on the estate - there must be in excess of 500 homes so I can't see that we would all be connected to the existing cabinets - could we?

Does anyone have a way of checking to see which cabinet I would be hooked up to? No poles or anything - all cables are underground.

Can't believe fibre is so close yet I'm still stuck with a 1.5mb connection!
Standard User wilts
(newbie) Sat 16-Oct-10 09:36:51
Print Post

[re: slom] [link to this post]

Hi,

Can someone help me please? I live on on a new large estate in Chippenham (Cepen Park North). This is served from SSCHIp44, which is not to be upgraded (unlike the rest of the town!) Is there an appeals process to BT for single cabinets?

Thanks
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Sat 16-Oct-10 10:48:26
Print Post

[re: wilts] [link to this post]

I'd suggest you would be more likely to get the attention your question deserves if you started a new topic in the new Fibre Broadband forum. This one is now supposed to be for non-fibre issues.

In any case I think your question deserves it's own topic!

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User Zoejoe
(member) Sun 17-Oct-10 16:38:09
Print Post

Hi Paul smile

You wouldn't happen to know the Cab Numbers for Connah's Quay Exchange would you? wink

I've found an FTTC cab just a minutes walk up the road from me.
Unfortunately... Never thought to look for a Number blush
It's a bit difficult for me as I'm in a wheelchair.
But my mum is going to check our telephone pole number later on when she walks the dog.
And she'll check the FTTC Cab and the BT Box it's coupled with next time she goes past.

NOTE: There are two other Old BT Boxes in my area...
That I don't think have been given a makeover and a new FTTC Cab just yet.
But I've told my mum to keep look out laugh

Connah's Quay = WNDEE
FTTC Date : 31/12/10
Estimated Speeds...
Down = 18.5
Up = 7.7

Thanks! wink

Zoe
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to