General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Seansmit17
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 07-Mar-12 21:23:39
Print Post

Re: BT to further extend ADSL2+ coverage

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

not sure, but its a bit useless since things like my exchange are not even listed.

BT 8MB
Standard User chris6273
(member) Wed 07-Mar-12 21:36:35
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

That Datasheet is the latest one released by BT Wholesale.

The latest one (Available at that link) was released on the 01/03/2012, so its the one for this month.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Broadband Speed Test

Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed: 24184 kbps 1211 kbps
Line Attenuation: 16.5 db 6.4 db
Noise Margin: 0.5 db 6.2 db
Standard User dazzle39
(newbie) Wed 07-Mar-12 21:39:43
Print Post

[re: Seansmit17] [link to this post]

Here's the link to the BTW page from which it is linked from - sorry, should have posted this first.

https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/static/Library/Net...

So, I guess it is accurate and up to date - spreadsheet updated yesterday (06/03/12)

D

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Wed 07-Mar-12 22:09:24
Print Post

[re: chris6273] [link to this post]

Great stuff! Have updated my hi-tech WBC countdown (sig).

Amazing that in a fortnight the RFS date has shifted twice (four months closer than originally).

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2012

All Connection Data ~ plusnet

Scottish Labour politician: “The SNP are on a very dangerous tack. What they are doing is trying to build up a situation in Scotland where the services are manifestly better than south of the border in a number of areas.”

Interviewer: ”Is that a bad thing?”

Scottish Labour politician: “No, but they are doing it deliberately.”
Standard User Seansmit17
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 08-Mar-12 10:19:25
Print Post

Anyone know why smaller exchanges are not listed?

BT 8MB
Standard User ccxo
(member) Thu 08-Mar-12 14:44:12
Print Post

Your question is quite open, either its asking if why smaller exchanges that have not been enabled are not shown or why smaller exchanges are not shown in the planned upgrades.

The document only lists the exchanges that have been upgraded and are due to be upgraded- totals about 2462 exchanges.

Or smaller exchanges sub 1000 lines are unlikely to be upgraded for 21CN, the County Council broaband schemes, wiith their matched bduk funding will enable most rural (white areas).
Where the smaller exchanges will be upgraded for FTTC, using a larger master exchange which the fibre is blown from.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User LadFromWales85
(committed) Thu 08-Mar-12 18:22:22
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Which should I believe?

If a chuck my phone numbers into https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html or http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.Teleph... I get
"Your exchange is planned to have ADSL2+ by 31st March 2012."

If I look up my exchange on BT's excel spreadsheet I get
"WNMB MENAI BRIDGE TE 11/1/12 1/31/13 "

Obviously the former would be better! The checkers have said March since late last year, the February excel spreadsheet had the above line in it also.

The excel spreadsheet is missing larger exchanges also. "SWPM" is missing, which has 8500~ lines.

My Broadband Speed Test
AAISP via 2x20CN
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Thu 08-Mar-12 19:58:34
Print Post

[re: LadFromWales85] [link to this post]

The spreadsheet gives 2 dates where in that time period the exchange will be enabled for 21CN.

The wholesale and asdl checker will likely show the current progression of work is on course to deliver an enablement date of the 31st of March, which is in between the targeted dates shown on the spreadsheet.
Keep checking the wholesale checker as the exchange may go live for 21CN before the end of the month, delays can push the date back.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User chris6273
(member) Thu 08-Mar-12 21:38:32
Print Post

I have found the Excel spreadsheet to be far more reliable that the Phone/ADSL Checker.

When my exchange was first due to be enabled back in on the 30/11/2011, the night it was supposed to be completed, the wholesale checker said my line could get 21CN at midnight, but a few minutes later it said came back and said it will be completed on the 31/12/2011.

When I came back the following night after midnight, I checked again and it had advanced to 1/1/2012. It kept doing that until the exchange was enabled.

I think on the 6/12/2011 when the December Wholesale Spreadsheet was released, it stated that my exchange would be completed by the 31/01/2012.

In the end it was stated as 'Enabled' on the 4th January 2012 according to the ADSL checker. I was switched over on the 21/02/2012. The February Datasheet was the first Datasheet which said the exchange was enabled for 21CN.

I would trust the excel spreadsheet for long term dates (For example if it has been planned for November, I would trust that) but if its within the "WBC ADSL2+ Earliest Enablement Date" and the "WBC ADSL2+ Latest Enablement Date", I would use the ADSL Checker, because the Datasheet is only updated monthly.

I'll also mention that most (if not all) ISPs who sell products over the BT Wholesale Network use the BTw ADSL Checker to see what your line is capable of. So if you need to recontract to get it, thats where they will check to see if its available.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Broadband Speed Test

Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed: 24184 kbps 1211 kbps
Line Attenuation: 16.5 db 6.4 db
Noise Margin: 0.5 db 6.2 db
Standard User LadFromWales85
(committed) Thu 08-Mar-12 22:08:43
Print Post

March is not in between the targeted dates shown on the spreadsheet, though!

As posted in my last post, the dates that show in the excel spreadsheet are:
11/1/12 to 1/31/13, or 1st Nov 12 to 31st Jan 13! A good bit later than March this year! 7 to 10 months later...! frown

My Broadband Speed Test
AAISP via 2x20CN
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to