General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User leedsit
(newbie) Thu 19-Apr-12 13:08:14
Print Post

Re: SNOD Exchange and FTTC

[re: sthen] [link to this post]

Hi,

Sorry about the delay...

The CAT6 run is about 20 meters but this has been fully tested with testers and is a solid connection, proven by the fact that my stats are virtually the same if the routers plugged into the master socket or the other end(test over a few days). So im confident that the CAT6 can be excluded from any issues.

The Bell wires not connected and BT fitted one of their new ADSL plates when they last visited. So the phones are on the filtered side and the ADSL router plugged directly into the specific modem RJ45 socket.

Im currenty still under contract with BT for another 10 Months, so not much I can do with this line, bar ordering another but that will be a bit of a gamble so guess all I can do is just put up with it.

(21cnet should be active in May, but I get the feeling I will not see any benifit).

Lee.
Standard User leedsit
(newbie) Tue 19-Feb-13 14:13:04
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Hi,

An old thread, however, any updates on the snodland exchange cab 10? Would love to lose my Satellite Internet connection....

NDSNO SNODLAND ME21JB {NDSNO}{P10} 0 100%

Thanks, lee.

Edited by leedsit (Tue 19-Feb-13 14:49:28)

Standard User Ribble
(committed) Tue 19-Feb-13 15:21:23
Print Post

[re: leedsit] [link to this post]

No change

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User leedsit
(newbie) Wed 20-Feb-13 08:07:17
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Thank Ribble
Standard User leedsit
(learned) Thu 12-Sep-13 13:16:34
Print Post

Does anyone in the know have any updates on the Snodland SNOD Cab 10 Exchange/Cab? I did have a speed jump to 1900 for around 5 months but dropped back down to 1200. Logged a fault but nothing wrong aparantly and they will not/cannot explain the drop. looking for some good news either from BT upgrading or the BDUK project.

Lee.

Edited by leedsit (Thu 12-Sep-13 13:40:18)

Standard User wellhiddenmark
(newbie) Fri 13-Sep-13 10:49:49
Print Post

Have you ever considered moving house?

It might be less stressful than obsessing over this.
Standard User leedsit
(learned) Fri 13-Sep-13 19:33:51
Print Post

[re: wellhiddenmark] [link to this post]

I would`nt say obsessing, I guess its a matter of perspective, besides, already thought of that, it would cost me £15,000 in stamp duty and fees and to be honest we cant get much right in this country when it comes to broadband anyway, well not compared to south Korea and south america etc.... as an example, the new build estate just down the road, 60 new houses being built, right next to a virgin media enabled area, and indeed, the closest old house to the new estate(were talking 30 Meters) can get very good speed with VM Cable, so I enquired about the broadband capability on the new estate, to which I just got blank looks, its turns out you will only be able to get a a BT service over copper cable, they are not installing Fibre as they build the estate, so best speed, 1-3 MB on adsl... Crazy, lay the fibre with the other services while its dug up!

And again, obsessing... perspective.... I'm a network engineer, on call most of the time, and normally deal with Sev 1&2 incidents, Guess what.. I need a stable and "Suitable" connection, so I can setup a VPN to the customer and try and fix their issues, now when I had about 1.75MB it was fine I could work with, but now my line has dropped back down to 1MB doing my job is slower, things take longer, alot longer to be honest, my connectiosn are not thin client, its a logical connection to their network.

I was fine and dandy for 5 months, then I droped to 1MB, guesss what BT dont care, its ADSL, get over it is their attitude, I get crossed lines, noisey lines, they dont care... numerous calls but their computer states no fault found so thats it, but in the very next breath I pick up the phone and car hear what Mary had at the chineese last night.

Im not one of these guys that sits on the forums and bangs my fist because my 16MB connection is only giving me 15.5MB and need all the BT engineers in the world to pop around and fix my connection, I just want a reasonable service, and trying to understand if thats going to be soon.

I understand ADSL is, well compared to ethernet etc, Pants if your line is more than a nats whisker away from the exchange or any noise at all then there are prices to pay with speed and stability. I just want to know..... since my exchange has been fibred up, is SNOD Cab 10 going to get better soon, Just give me 2 megs, thats all I want, thats all I need.

So since I last asked in Feb this year, things have been fine, until recently, so just popped back to see if there was any news.... Second time in 7 months. When I start posting every day, then you can say I was a little obsessive.

Lee.

Edited by leedsit (Fri 13-Sep-13 19:37:11)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 13-Sep-13 20:51:56
Print Post

Just a thought. It's understandable you need a rant about your service, but once BTW have enabled your exchange the provision of FTTC to your cabinet is nothing whatsoever to do with them. As the title of this forum is BT Wholesale DSL Implementation ....

Maybe the Fibre Broadband one would have been better? It would have got a much larger audience.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 13-Sep-13 20:55:52)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to