General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Jan-13 04:56:16
Print Post

Re: Reasonable cost of Unlimited WBC?

[re: akawtu] [link to this post]

I am also, just because 2 isp's use WBC it doesnt mean they both the same.

As for both on the same isp thats just the way the cookie crumbles. Inevitably it will happen as companies now days are always doing deals for new customers, and some also have retention deals.

The £13.75 is probably not a sustainable price, ie. if everyone paid that price service would suffer. Normal price seems to be just over £20 for what you have.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 71/20
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Jan-13 05:15:49
Print Post

Why would anyone challenge a considerably cheaper retention deal offered to them?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User akawtu
(learned) Mon 07-Jan-13 05:19:35
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

No you said:

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
BT broadband and EE broadband are not exact same packages tho.

different backhaul, different peering, different policies, different support, different contention levels etc.

I wasn't talking about EE at all but you appeared to think I was.

Why must it be just the way the cookie crumbles?

It's morally wrong for a company to charge significantly different pricing for the exact same broadband package. Some BT customers pay the higher price and some BT customers pay the lower price! That isn't right! You act like it's fine for BT to rip off their loyal customers but to me it's like they are stealing money from people who don't know any better! I didn't know any better until recently. BT has been overcharging me the same amount for years!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User akawtu
(learned) Mon 07-Jan-13 05:31:42
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

That isn't the point I am making.

We must challenge BT because morally it is wrong for them to do what they are doing?

Are you suggesting I should shut up and take the deal because it's better for me regardless that I know there will be a significant number of BT customers who are still paying the higher price?
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Jan-13 05:43:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by akawtu:
BROADBAND
AS AN EXISTING CUSTOMER YOU GET £5 OFF YOUR PACKAGE
But you are correct that quote isn't true for all the packages!
You still got it wrong. THAT is true for every EE package. It is the £30 Welcome bonus that has diff effect on diff packages.

You also have misread the non-customer price for the off peak package. It is £7.50 not the £5 you quote cuz you again confuse welcome bonus with existing customer discount.

And it is that £7.50 that you should be using to compare with the wholesale price. In which analysis you have confused BT Retail with BT Wholesale. You are a confusing confused person!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Jan-13 05:53:43
Print Post

It may not be the point you are making, but it is the sole point to which you replied.

To your point - Caveat Emptor!

Standard User akawtu
(learned) Mon 07-Jan-13 06:01:48
Print Post

Oh My Gosh! Why are they making it so damn confusing???

HAHA! Thanks again for seeing it as it is my friend! laugh

I'm just a guy looking to find out about broadband and it's a mine field of information so forgive me when I get it wrong!!!

Mind you £5 or £7.50 it's not much of a difference compared to £29.40 which is going up to over £31 soon!!!

I'm not even going to edit what I wrote I'll just add a foot note to come to your post LOL! tongue
Standard User akawtu
(learned) Mon 07-Jan-13 06:04:37
Print Post

Drat, I can't edit the post anymore, the editing time has expired!

Oh well, I think I got the gist of it right anyway.
Standard User akawtu
(learned) Mon 07-Jan-13 06:07:20
Print Post

See, this is why I like you.

We should play chess HAHA it would be a war! I would need some time to get good though.laugh

No way heads up poker though it'd be too much variance. HAHAHA! smile
Standard User akawtu
(regular) Mon 07-Jan-13 06:22:22
Print Post

Actually are you sure about the £7.50?

It's just I read the letter again and it says:

Hello akawtu,

Great news. You've probably heard all about EE by now, the new network for your digital life from the company behind T-Mobile and Orange. Well, as a T-Mobile customer, you can get your hands on an exclusive half-price offer on home broadband from EE, right here, right now. All you need to do is switch before 31 January 2013.

The usual price is £5 a month, but we'll give you £30 credit on your broadband bill. Which means you can get online for a whole year for just £2.50 a month, plus £14 monthly line rental. It's just our way of sharing the love.

And you'll get more than a brilliant price. You'll have great service and lots of amazing features too as part of the EE offering.

Looks to me like it really is £5 per month!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to