General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Wed 16-Jan-13 08:53:11
Print Post

Re: Exchange finally upgraded tp 21CN, will i get?

[re: Brell] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Brell:
From bt wholesale availability checker. This mean i aint getting better than 8??

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 8 6.5 to 14 Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 8 Up to 1 6.5 to 14 Available
ADSL Max Up to 8 7 to 8 Available

It confirms you are able to order ADSL2+ WBC services. Have you asked your ISP (which one is it ?)

6.5 to 14 is the predicted speed you would get on the right service. The "up to 8" is being deduced from your current connection rate.

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User Brell
(newbie) Wed 16-Jan-13 09:07:31
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

Had dreams of 19mb there but any increase would be welcome. I'm with orange or whatever it's called now been with them for 7 years. Il get in touch with them today and see what they say!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 16-Jan-13 09:50:56
Print Post

It is still possible, the checker does nothing to limit your speed. It will be conservative usually to help avoid getting people too excited

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 16-Jan-13 12:36:23
Print Post

Re: Exchange finally upgraded to 21CN, will i get?

Orange will want you to take new contract to bump you onto ADSL2+, which will mean taking phone from them if not already.

My estimate for ADSL2+ is revised to 17 Meg.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User Brell
(newbie) Wed 16-Jan-13 12:47:05
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

After what feels like an age later on the phone to orange they say i will be upgraded to adsl 2+ mid Feb. im not sure where she pulled that date from but il have to wait and see! Says there currently moving there customers over to EE which is why theres a delay. Cheers very much for everyones help, much appreciated.
Standard User Brell
(newbie) Fri 18-Jan-13 07:40:23
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Asked the woman about 5 times if i had to change contract or contact them to change and she said no to all, said should automactically be put to ADSL2+ but i never trust those folk on the phone so il wait and see. Been on the same orange contract for years, £5 with a mobile phone and no download limits! smile
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 18-Jan-13 09:23:08
Print Post

Good, I hope!

Just thought I'd heard of some Orange users had been told to take out new contract if they want to upgrade to ADSL2+.

Are you currently paying the extra £10 for being outside Orange network area? Will you continue to do so after switch?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User Brell
(newbie) Sat 19-Jan-13 12:43:43
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

No dont pay that that. I pay £20.50 for the mobile (Budle of minutes/texts/data included) and £5.11 for the broadband.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 19-Jan-13 22:52:47
Print Post

Were you on Orange LLU prior to about April 2011?

If not, were you then paying the extra £10 for being outside Orange network area?

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to