General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 15-Feb-13 10:38:48
Print Post

Re: Possible two routes for line

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

Apparently, it runs a really slow test so that the results don't distort any stats that BT might analyse.

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Fri 15-Feb-13 10:39:44
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Apparently, it runs a really slow test so that the results don't distort any stats that BT might analyse.
Doesn't that just put a really slow record in the database ?

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 15-Feb-13 10:44:11
Print Post

I'm not sure BT's technical programming team in India has discovered databases yet.

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Fri 15-Feb-13 11:04:40
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

LOL. The speed test results get put in a spreadsheet or something wink

The average reflectivity of personnel entering Martlesham Heath suggests the team is Indian but may not be in India smile

--

Phil

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 15-Feb-13 11:23:46
Print Post

When you call BT India, they can see the last few speed test results and may request a new one which they can also see. I imagine the personnel here are the ones that tell the management that everything is progressing well and to plan, but the real work is being hacked together UTC+5:30 ahead.

Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 15-Feb-13 12:00:42
Print Post

ok.

I still cant use the BTw checker.

My line I believe resynced again last night, downwards again, and now with the HG modem back in I see different line charactersitics.

the mouselike BRAS checker now reports a much lower BRAS rate so its gone down again (so I wasnt able to check sync or ip profile by relogging in to ppp whilst I had the higher bras rate).

The sync on the HG initially had the same stats as the previous weeks so about 72/73 attainable and a sync of 71. But upstream attainable has now shot up to 32mbit. Given I seemed to briefly get a higher sync the last 2 days and my upstream has gone up again I thought ok thats good.

But now I see my downstream snrm is all over the place (and the attainable with it) so am now graphing the connection. Currently I have a 5.4 downstream snrm. Was 6.6 30 minutes ago. It seems to be slowly moving downwards. Probably another topic but the mouselike site at least does seem to be updating.

and yes the reported line length for my line seems very short compared to what my adsl attenuation was. The BTw checker estimates 4.5mbit or that length.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 71/20
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Fri 15-Feb-13 12:29:13
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

there's a warning on mouselike that running it will mean you can't use the BTW test until the minimum time has elapsed, as it apparently pretends to be you running the tester.

--

Phil

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 15-Feb-13 14:06:10
Print Post

and that time seems to be much more than a few hours.

I couldnt run the BTw tester this morning about 10 hours after I ran it last night.

Remember in another post I mentioned to you about the power?

Well initially my line had 6.6 TX power with the 36mbit attainable upstream
Then it dropped to 5.8 with 24 attainable
Now its 6.1 with 29 attainable (Was 32 initially).

Also looking at my bitloading I can see the power output has been dropped on my D0 range, same QLN as before but now less power transmitted, so it seems DLM is fiddling with the power masking I assume to manage crosstalk.

So I think the power was increased 3 nights ago, I had temporarily a higher sync for 2 days, last night for about an hour I see sustained packetloss on my tbb graph, this may have triggered excessive errors and DLM maybe reduced the power again this morning. delay depth, inp etc. not touched still fast path.

I only used mouselike again because the BTw tester wouldnt work. I will try the BTw tester again tonight. The speedtest works but the page that shows the profile fails. It seems if I am right the BRAS updates without a ppp reconnect (after new sync), and the ip profile which is a set a bit lower than the BRAS is what updates (and what the BTw page shows) on a new ppp connection.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 71/20
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Fri 15-Feb-13 14:20:05
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Well initially my line had 6.6 TX power with the 36mbit attainable upstream
Then it dropped to 5.8 with 24 attainable
Now its 6.1 with 29 attainable (Was 32 initially).

Chicken or egg - less useable tones means less power, can you see that effect on the bit loading as it matches the above.

Is that the upstream power - if so it's your modem controlling it.

--

Phil

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 15-Feb-13 14:31:00
Print Post

you said this last time, the amount of tones in use is the same, I use every tone in the entire 17a range. Except when I had a 90mbit attainable sync, the very last tones werent used as they werent needed. But now they are all used. Its not a static power per tone, those days are history, dsl has advanced since then. since adsl2 power cutback is a feature.

The HG dslams used by openreach allow powermasking to be set individually per line. adebov had the same issue and adsl24 also posted a while back they seen powermasking changed on lines as well.

The dslam most defenitly can control upstream powermasking, its listed in the vectoring documentation that prior to vectoring its CP's primary tool for controlling upstream crosstalk.

Edited by Chrysalis (Fri 15-Feb-13 14:33:10)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to