General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User gah789
(learned) Sat 31-Aug-13 12:28:48
Print Post

Re: How to best solve the mystery of my ceased broadband

[re: Deft] [link to this post]

Mutual recrimination, while understandable, is not going to rectify this kind of situation.

You can't really go to any system of dispute resolution when the responsibility for the original error is itself a matter of dispute. The only basis on which a regulator can act is if it receives formal complaints about either gaps in regulatory provisions or failures to implement proper procedures. My suggestion, therefore, is that you submit a written complaint about the failure of BT Wholesale or BT Retail to deal with the original error. The complaint should be addressed to Ofcom but you can copy it to your local MP.

If you live In Scotland, you could also complain to the Public Services Ombudsman. You can investigate what is the equivalent in other parts of the UK. The point is that no one will take official note of the problem unless they start to receive complaints.
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Sat 31-Aug-13 13:38:20
Print Post

Lots of good points and well made! smile

You could see some ISPs swallowing this charge now things have gone this far - both for the goodwill of their customer and the good PR it would generate...

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sat 31-Aug-13 15:09:42
Print Post

Who so far at BT retail have to spoken to about this the inept overseas CS or someone higher up the food chain ? Trying to get any sense out of their overseas call center is a waste of time,
As said you can write a formal letter of complaint, But you may get a satisactory resolution by e-mailing their high level complaints team

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User partial
(member) Sat 31-Aug-13 16:21:19
Print Post

Just go to CISAS. You are disputing a charge raised by UNO. Your contract is with UNO.

UNO are highly likely to settle and refund you the money as it will be cheaper. UNO will have to pay all the costs for CISAS to process your complaint whether they win or lose.

http://www.cisas.org.uk/infoforcustomers-4_e.html

Edited by partial (Sat 31-Aug-13 16:24:22)

Standard User Deft
(committed) Tue 03-Sep-13 19:04:20
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

First BT response was fairly generic (I used some e-mail form).
Second BT response was better (I wrote a snail mail letter to a customer complaints address).
The second response was clearer to me that they understood the problem as they;
1) Confirmed that they (BT retail) had not placed any work orders with Openreach in relation to my voice line
2) Understood the points I was making but also made the points that
a) BT Wholesale work on behalf of many other companies
b) That Uno are also a customer of Openreach and that only they can raise a complaint about loss of the broadband service
c) If Uno have evidence that I didn't request the cease they should waive all of these costs
d) That the charges I have incurred have been levied by Uno so I have to take it up with them

Now you might say "Oh well they would say that", but I don't think it is a totally unreasonable position given what they see as the facts so far.
Standard User undecidedadrian
(member) Tue 03-Sep-13 21:07:57
Print Post

Under contract law your contact is with UNO and they are responsible for providing your broadband.

If there has been a loss of service and charges raised then you deal with your provider to get it sorted not random other parties as you do not have a contract with them.

Write to your ISP with your complaint and wait for the deadlock letter and then move onto dispute resolution.

Also phoning up the communications ombudsman may be helpful as they can not get involved yet but can advise how to best proceed.
Standard User partial
(member) Tue 03-Sep-13 21:38:00
Print Post

Why are you faffing around?

If you want a refund of the rogue charge that UNO have raised, Just take UNO to CISAS.

UNO will be running to give you your money back rather than pay for CISAS to order them to give you your money back, plus any out of pocket expenses and a few hundred quid for the CISAS costs...

UNO just take a kickback for referring your business to TalkTalk. They won't have any documents to back up their claims as they do not have any relationship with Openreach or BTw.

They will lose at CISAS. They will give you your money back way before it gets there.

Edited by partial (Tue 03-Sep-13 21:57:55)

Standard User partial
(member) Tue 03-Sep-13 22:02:37
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Just give the poor bloke his money back before he finally works out that he need to go to CISAS and costs you a bundle.
Standard User partial
(member) Tue 03-Sep-13 22:04:18
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by uno:
I guess these guys have had the problem too... Noting the cease section.

Matt

Those guys lost at OTELO and boy are they smarting. Give the bloke his money back before you are similarly smarting and similarly poorer.

Edited by partial (Tue 03-Sep-13 22:07:27)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 03-Sep-13 22:09:15
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by partial:
Just take UNO to CISAS.
Not that simple! You can't until you raise a formal complaint with the provider and they issue a deadlock letter or 8 weeks have elapsed. Until then CISAS will not consider your complaint.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to