General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User partial
(member) Tue 03-Sep-13 22:11:01
Print Post

Re: How to best solve the mystery of my ceased broadband

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

8 weeks have elapsed. Off to CISAS.

I am thinking of claiming a consultancy fee here for Deft to add on to his claim. crazy

Edited by partial (Tue 03-Sep-13 22:12:03)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 03-Sep-13 22:27:28
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by partial:
8 weeks have elapsed.
& OP has used their formal complaint procedure over that time? Great! Then off to CISAS with the evidence of submitting complaint and ISP's responses or lack of.

Consultancy fee for gung-ho'ness?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Sep-13 15:34:55
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

Could someone confirm whether the Uno terms and conditions say that you must have a telephone line? If so it looks like the OP (unwittingly) broke that condition because (however briefly) the voice line was ceased which resulted in the broadband being ceased. If that assessment is correct then Uno are totally absolved from any blame and are fully justified in passing on the charge.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001 - not sure for how much longer

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Al1264
(regular) Wed 04-Sep-13 20:13:36
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

But the OP has a telephone line, he did nothing to change that and neither did his CP (so they claim), why should the OP be charged at all?
If something was was accidentally done to his line it must have been by Openreach who seem to be the ones raising the charge for their mistake? (If the line 'owner', their ISP and CP all did not request any change on the line then who else could it be?)
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 07-Sep-13 01:18:09
Print Post

[re: Al1264] [link to this post]

So as the root cause is the line work causing the broadband cease, it could be argued it is the line rental CP that the OP should pursue for recompense.

The line rental CP has a right to ask Openreach what happened to cause a line cease. Uno at this stage do not.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Deft
(committed) Sat 07-Sep-13 11:26:52
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
So as the root cause is the line work causing the broadband cease, it could be argued it is the line rental CP that the OP should pursue for recompense.

The line rental CP has a right to ask Openreach what happened to cause a line cease. Uno at this stage do not.

I think the problem is that although most people on this thread understand the way it has all come about, I'm not sure what precedence there can be for a service provider to pass on 3rd party charges and then tell the consumer to go chase another unconnected party for compensation (even if they stated this in terms and conditions how enforceable that really is). I'm pretty sure this is particularly feeble in the eyes of consumer law and hence I suspect the correct avenue is to dispute with Uno.
In any case Uno charged the cease fee to my debit card on Thursday so the next chapter in this rather dull saga can continue.
I can't think of a great analogy but your contract is always with the supplier of goods, not the manufacturer. I have an invoice and charge from Uno, not Openreach.

Edited by Deft (Sat 07-Sep-13 11:28:12)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to