General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Storm_Force
(newbie) Mon 17-Mar-14 22:06:21
Print Post

Re: New Footprint Exchange

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info Andrew, I have just checked the latest postcode spreadsheet from CDAS and cab 3 is due by July this year, do you know the location of cab 2 (no info about it on CDAS?)

Also what is slightly confusing is there is a green cabinet in my road EX20 3JT however the obviously isn't a PCP as I first thought as I was hoping this was where my line connected to.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 17-Mar-14 22:09:29
Print Post

Re: New Footprint Exchange *DELETED*

[re: Storm_Force] [link to this post]

Post deleted by RobertoS
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 17-Mar-14 22:10:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by Storm_Force:
... there is a green cabinet in my road EX20 3JT however the obviously isn't a PCP ...
Is it on this page?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Tue 18-Mar-14 21:27:26
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Here it is here:

https://www.google.com/maps/@50.823617,-4.071404,3a,...
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Wed 19-Mar-14 08:36:03
Print Post

Not a BT cabinet.
PCP 2
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 19-Mar-14 11:01:12
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

You sure that is not PCP 3?

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(learned) Thu 20-Mar-14 21:54:29
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes that is PCP3, I drove past it the other day and it has a 3 on the outside. Where do you guys look up the acutally PCP locations?

Andrew the link I gave for the green cab in my road any idea's what that is?
Standard User chris6273
(committed) Thu 20-Mar-14 22:33:18
Print Post

[re: Snowstorm] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Snowstorm:
Is anyone familiar with the term "New Footprint Exchanges"?
Our local exchange has just had an FTTC upgrade due to BDUK. Quite a number of us here are on the dreaded "Exchange Only Lines" but are shown on our council's website as expected to get Superfast Broadband this year.

Over the last few days the BT wholesale site shows our exchange (EMLNGBU) as:

"Currently closed whilst planned re-engineering work is completed as
per industry briefings for all New Foot Print Exchanges delivered in
13/14 programme "

Do you think this sounds encouraging for us "Exchange Only" types or could the re-engineering work be something totally unrelated to fibre?

Something tells me it's possibly similar to what they were doing to our exchange; they have recently rolled out FTTC (Still running the fibre) and have also plonked a cabinet opposite the exchange (1415 lines I believe) on the other side of the road.

Bearing in mind there are only 2 (To my knowledge) cabinets in the village, I bet it's something to do with FTTC.

Only thing is I don't recall the Checker ever saying it was closed, but then again yours is 3 months ahead of ours as far as planning goes. They will still have to do all the wiring.

On the other hand it could be just them improving/reorganizing kit inside the exchange as the equipment they install for FTTC can be large if you have a lot of cabinets on your exchange (And it's small).

Have you noticed a cabinet(s) popping up near your exchange?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Telewest (2004-2006): 256Kbps -> 512Kbps
BT (2006 - Present): 8128/448 -> 22494/1211Kbps on 21CN Huawei MSAN
University of Portsmouth's Horrible Network (2013 - Present) - Supposedly 100/100Mbps
Standard User Snowstorm
(newbie) Sun 30-Mar-14 05:21:12
Print Post

[re: chris6273] [link to this post]

No new cabinets have popped up since the first batch back in October.

Some news from Superfast Northamptonshire though in their latest newsletter. They specifically mention (for the first time) exchange only lines and mention their solution involves building new cabinets as we'd hoped. They mention these are left until later phases as they require more work obviously, but we remain in a zone marked "expected 2014"

I've been trying to figure out where the new cabinet is likely to be, as the street where the exchange is located NN6 7RL (and a few other small streets) have a later planned availability date than ours.

The village telephone exchange used to be (pre 1970's and before my time) just off our street so I wonder if the bulk of the exchange only lines still run under our road and for some technical reason that's where the cabinet has to be rather than at the new site? As you can probably tell I'm not a telecoms expert.
Standard User Snowstorm
(newbie) Fri 18-Apr-14 19:47:59
Print Post

[re: Snowstorm] [link to this post]

Roadworks.org is showing planned BT activity on land around 100 metres from our local exchange, so it looks like us exchange only lines may benefit soon.

Ours was one of the "New Footprint Exchanges" closed to new WBC connections for around 3 weeks for planned re-engineering works, so maybe that was related.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to