General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Storm_Force
(learned) Sat 14-Jun-14 20:09:03
Print Post

Re: New Footprint Exchange

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Cab 1 and 4 done via the project but the much smaller cabinet 3 has been missed out so far. Down to how the spending goes for the easier cabinets I'd say.

Drove past cab 3 today and the fibre cabinet has been installed next to it! surprised they have done this before the EO lines in Hatherleigh as from what I can make out it serves a small amount of premises compared to the EO ones.

Any idea's where PCP2 is located to? (if there is a PCP2)
Standard User Snowstorm
(newbie) Fri 01-Aug-14 16:02:09
Print Post

Re: New Footprint Exchange

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Just a quick update. We were on the "exchange closed for new footprint re-engineering work" back in April 2014. Shortly afterwards a new green cabinet appeared.
We went back on the list in July 2014 and now it looks like it's fibre twin is going in. The Roadworks.org website shows work on "PCP9" starts in September. So finally it looks like good news for us exchange only types.
Standard User bit_bucket
(newbie) Mon 04-Aug-14 19:55:00
Print Post

Re: Hatherleigh Cab 2

[re: Storm_Force] [link to this post]

Sorry, only just noticed your post.
PCP2 used to be on the road from Hatherleigh to Monkoakhampton, at the junction with a lane to Iddesleigh that forks off to the north-east.
Quite a bit of excavation work was done on the E-side a few years ago and, iirc, all of the subs, to what was then PCP2, were re-designated EO at or about the same time.
tbh I can't remember if the cab was recovered or left in situ as a glorified joint box, or just left there as a shell.

Trev

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Storm_Force
(learned) Mon 04-Aug-14 21:32:53
Print Post

Re: Hatherleigh Cab 2

[re: bit_bucket] [link to this post]

Brillaint news snowstorm!

Thanks for you info bit_tucker I had a look earlier and yes the cabinet is still there! however nothing inside as you state (the door was unlocked) just a load of BT covers in the verge now. WHY OR WHY would BT remove a cab to make it EO!!!
Did there ever used a be a PCP in Oakfield Road? There is a green cabinet (which is old) https://www.google.com/maps/@50.823559,-4.071368,3a,...

I know my line is EO, however some good news is that this area of Hatherleigh is under evaluation via the CDAS bduk and I do know some survery work has been done regarding the EO lines.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to