General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bickerton
(newbie) Fri 19-Dec-14 15:25:15
Print Post

Re: Broadband speed after FTTC upgrade

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

I've just spent over an hour chatting and eventually speaking on the phone to a BT agent. She eventually solved the problem of "no access to my homehub 3" by instructing me to pull out all the leads and then reconnect. This seemed to do the trick. Oddly, resetting the hub using the little hole and a paper clip had no effect. The blue lights didn't even flicker.

I'll take a look at and hope to post the stats sometime tomorrow.

My thanks again to you and other members of the forum for your advice.
Standard User hoopla
(member) Fri 19-Dec-14 16:58:56
Print Post

[re: bickerton] [link to this post]

If you are concerned about your speed, for goodness sake stop disconnecting or resetting your router.

Leave it on ALL the time and NEVER interrupt the connection unless it is vital. Each disconnect will be treated as a problem and probably lead to a slower connection for days or weeks to come.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 19-Dec-14 17:03:58
Print Post

[re: hoopla] [link to this post]

A few discons won't harm. Don't scare the OP!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bickerton
(newbie) Fri 19-Dec-14 18:15:35
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

As I may have mentioned elsewhere, after about an hour chatting and on the phone with a BT expert, she advised me to pull out all the plugs on my BT HH3 and then try accessing via my browser again. I did this and when I tried to access my BT HH 3, it worked!

2 hours later I just tried again and it's not working! By the way, the reset on the HH doesn't seem to work.

Bearing in mind your comment about the HH3 should I ask BT to replace my current one with another HH3 or perhaps a HH4? Or is there possibly some other solution? I don't want to have to switch the HH off every time I want to see the stats. That would I think have a bad effect on my current v poor broadband speed.
Standard User leexgx
(committed) Sat 20-Dec-14 02:17:00
Print Post

@bickerton

short response, your ON ADSL , the cab is For FTTC only so Nothing will happen unless you move onto BT infinity

long
unless you pay and move onto bt infinity you speeds will not change (upload speed is 448kbs so that tells that your very likely still on an very old ADSL 2mb/448kbs BT package still) the CAB has Nothing to do with ADSL as that is what your Still on right now

Nothing you do at your End will change your speed as your on ADSL (the broadband is still coming from the exchange not the CAB) you need to get BT infinity or alike FTTC product

FTTC uses VDSL and your BThub3 would of given you No information about your line speed (you have a White Modem), if you was on bt infinity they would of sent you a BThub5 (or BThub4+the VDSL white modem but that very unlikely)

the BThub5 would provide speed info (no adv stuff)

not sure if BT would offer you BT infinity due to distance to cab (over 2 miles, does bt Limit the Distance?) not sure if VDSL will work over that distance

Edited by leexgx (Sat 20-Dec-14 02:23:49)

Standard User PaulKirby
(regular) Tue 23-Dec-14 03:37:45
Print Post

Like somebody else has already said try bring up a command prompt on your PC by running cmd.exe.

And then in that window type: ipconfig /all
Then look for a line called Default Gateway and then enter that IP address in your browser.

People cannot assume it will be 192.168.1.254, this may of been changed for some reason, you can only get the correct one by looking up the gateway address your PC is using.

Not got a HH3 but have a HH4 and I was given a plastic slip with a password on it, you may have one for the HH3 but not sure.

Edited by PaulKirby (Tue 23-Dec-14 03:39:50)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to