General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User UKconfederate
(learned) Thu 05-Nov-15 16:09:55
Print Post

Re: How to know if Exchange is being upgraded from ADSL to A

[re: UKconfederate] [link to this post]

I assume that there isn't a public list then of the upcoming WBC ADSL2+ exchanges due to be upgraded? Would have been nice to know if Billingborough (EMBILLI) was going to upgraded soon or not.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 05-Nov-15 19:21:53
Print Post

Hmmm.

I put those figures into the calculator I gave you earlier, and it isn't good. However, I've raised a query as to whether the result is correct.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
(learned) Fri 06-Nov-15 11:36:55
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Well, I can now confirm that interestingly that BT have now 'overnight' upgraded my telephone exchange (Billingborough) to WBC.

The BT dsl checker is now showing this, sadly, there is hardly any improvement on my line, the stats show the exact same speed for both ADSL and WBC, thanks for the help though. Looks like I will have to go with the fibre premium to get into double digit download speeds.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 06-Nov-15 11:43:47
Print Post

If the exchange was only upgraded last night, then nothing will have happened to your line, the switch from ADSL to ADSL2+ relies on the retail provider placing an order to upgrade your service.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(learned) Fri 06-Nov-15 12:28:57
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thank you for your reply MrSaffron.

Yeah, the BT dsl checker has updated since yesterday with the additional WBC connected ADSL2+

I've just phoned BT Broadband and they told me the WBC ADSL2+ was actually fibre and I would have to upgrade to Infinity to get the ADSL2+.

I'm 99.9% sure this isn't correct but am going to do more research to find out what I can do.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 06-Nov-15 12:30:18
Print Post

That is not correct and if the update has only just happened their records may not have updated yet, i.e. they are not lying just have incorrect information to base their answer on

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 06-Nov-15 12:53:18
Print Post

LOL
As Andrew says smile.

It's just the screen the person was looking at hadn't updated. Plus, they haven't a clue what the difference between ADSL2+ and Infinity is. The second is the more worrisome thing.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to