General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User dect
(experienced) Sun 26-Jan-20 12:03:02
Print Post

Re: ESPCK Exchange - New cabinets, fibre laid, now what?

[re: shtu] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by shtu:
I'll see what they have to say on Monday, as one route seems to suggest it is order-able.
Please report back how you get on as it will be very interesting.
Standard User shtu
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 28-Jan-20 09:29:55
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

Well, ordering people came back to me today,

"
Thank you for reaching out to us.

This is to inform you that we have run some tests on your account and found that fibre is not yet available in your area.

Please feel free to write back to us if you have any further queries.
"

So, best guess is I can see an upgrade option as cabinet 11 is FTTC, but the distance isn't checked until an order is placed. I've written back, asking them what is going on with cabinet 21. smile

Edited by shtu (Tue 28-Jan-20 09:30:55)

Standard User dect
(experienced) Tue 28-Jan-20 10:01:29
Print Post

Sorry too hear that, can I make a suggestion?

Bring up the BT DSL Checker for your postcode and go through each property and find out which ones are connected to cab 21 rather than cab 11 (or another cab) as it may make more sense once you have this information.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 28-Jan-20 10:09:19
Print Post

In reply to a post by dect:
Sorry too hear that, can I make a suggestion?

Bring up the BT DSL Checker for your postcode and go through each property and find out which ones are connected to cab 21 rather than cab 11 (or another cab) as it may make more sense once you have this information.
That postcode checker does not report FTTC/FTTP/G.Fast availability. Nor information for specific addresses.

You have to use the Address option and enter just the postcode in that, rather than filling in an address. That gives the drop-down list you are referring to smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Standard User dect
(experienced) Tue 28-Jan-20 10:16:16
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
You have to use the Address option and enter just the postcode in that, rather than filling in an address. That gives the drop-down list you are referring to smile.
Thanks, thats what I was trying to say but you explained it a lot better than me smile

Edited by dect (Tue 28-Jan-20 10:16:46)

Standard User shtu
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 28-Jan-20 15:34:56
Print Post

I'll have a play with the checker when I get time.

I can see I'm back to nagging ScotGuv, orders team are stonewalling me,

"
This is to inform you that, we got your request and we have checked and found the speed has not been increased in your area, once it will upgraded then we will let you know about it, so don't worry.
"
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 28-Jan-20 21:05:25
Print Post

In reply to a post by shtu:
I'll have a play with the checker when I get time.

I can see I'm back to nagging ScotGuv, orders team are stonewalling me,

"
This is to inform you that, we got your request and we have checked and found the speed has not been increased in your area, once it will upgraded then we will let you know about it, so don't worry.
"
Which can be summarised as Go away you nuisance. We'll do what we decide when we want to, and until then it's none of your business.

Just wait and shut up.

Heh!

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Standard User shtu
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 29-Jan-20 10:30:58
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

That's not going to happen.

My neighbour, 100m away and USING THE SAME OVERHEAD POLES AND CABLE that I'm on,

"is served by Cabinet 21"

I've checked about 6 addresses nearby, and it looks like I'm the only person in the immediate area that hasn't been connected.

Is it 'cos I is staff?
Standard User kitcat
(experienced) Wed 29-Jan-20 11:10:20
Print Post

shut

If you are staff with an official/service line rather than a 'customer' line it may well be the reason.

Otherwise it is a data error and needs effort to chase through the system. It may also be that if the cab is a AIO there weren't enough connections to fit everybody on so some decisions had to be made and you got the bum decision. Some times Andrew can help with data errors but will need all the detail for surrounding properties.
Standard User shtu
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 29-Jan-20 11:42:16
Print Post

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

It's an "employee benefit" one, not a business need, but that does occur to me too. If the planning was "shift all the retail customers", may have been missed.

However, I've definitely got the [censored] - more than a mile further out, along the same road and cable run, is a cluster of cottages, which are all served off Cabinet 21.

So - BT has created a little broadband blackspot, just for me. smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to