Technical Discussion
  >> Digital Photography, Video and Graphics

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 17-Oct-12 09:35:38
Print Post

More pics with HX200V

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Have uploaded the other photos I did at Wakehurst Place
http://www.coolwebhome.co.uk/wakehurst-trip/

Used a different gallery so I can list the various bits of EXIF info from each picture this time.

Pleased with
http://www.coolwebhome.co.uk/wakehurst-trip/pages/im...
Water caught at ISO 1600 and fast shutter, used to use flash for these sort of shots with all the problems that would cause.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 17-Oct-12 13:57:32
Print Post

Re: More pics with HX200V

Excellent test shots - especially like the juvenile moorhen 176.JPG and the adult moorhen 269.JPG smile
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 17-Oct-12 16:05:02
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Will need to do some more playing around to get used to all the settings, but got caught out today with the P mode where I'd left it on ISO 1600, was not obvious until looking at the zoom on PC.

Camera did throw a wobbly with one data card, but I think it is linked to unplugging camera from USB while in USB mode. Will stick to my normal pattern of carrying 3 or 4 and swapping them on long days out, so don't lose everything.

Anyone used an eye-fi in direct connect mode to android or iPhone? Would make for a nice backup, and easy preview on bigger screen.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 17-Oct-12 16:52:29
Print Post

Yes it's all to easy to get caught out with settings that one has previously used - the one that normally catches me are the +/- exposure compensation (EV) settings on the Panasonic FZ-100 - now I return everything back to my default settings before powering off, i.e. ISO 100, shutter priority (1/100th sec. because I use it mainly for video at 50fps progressive - 180 degree shutter,) auto focus, 0 EV, etc.

I also prefer to use several 4GB SDHC cards rather than one large one - all eggs are not in one basket - and I also reformat cards when they are full rather than just delete data.

Not sure about previewing on a larger screen over HDMI or usb - perhaps somebody else can answer that regarding your Sony - but it is certainly possible with Panasonic camcorders but not with the Panasonic FZ-100 still camera.
Standard User micksharpe
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 17-Oct-12 17:29:20
Print Post

Lovely test shots but some of them show JPEG artifacts at full resolution (e.g. the adult moorhen.) I'd love to see some images taken in raw mode and uploaded with lossless compression.

'Sir, please,' she said ... 'Will you not share your wisdom with us?'
'I have no wisdom,' he told her.
'Your experiences, then?'
'They have been trivial, uninteresting, and full of error.'
Ian M. Banks - Feersum Endjinn
It Ought to be Easy | Greasemonkey scripts
Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 17-Oct-12 17:54:50
Print Post

[re: micksharpe] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by micksharpe:
Lovely test shots but some of them show JPEG artifacts at full resolution (e.g. the adult moorhen.) I'd love to see some images taken in raw mode and uploaded with lossless compression.

I don't think the Sony Cyber-shot HX200V does uncompressed raw...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 17-Oct-12 18:38:19
Print Post

Correct no raw mode, but seen as I got it for £250 on Sony Outlet and have never had the joy of RAW format before

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 17-Oct-12 18:40:14
Print Post

It has HDMI output and it does work.

Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 17-Oct-12 19:40:51
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
It has HDMI output and it does work.

HDMI to playback stills and videos or HDMI for "live view" on a field monitor when actually composing and taking stills/video, i.e. feeding an external, larger, higher definition LCD screen for more accurate focusing etc.?
Standard User metalhead41
(knowledge is power) Wed 17-Oct-12 23:34:59
Print Post

A nice set of photos you have there. Although, could I possibly make one suggestion?
Some of your shots have the sky blown out, you could possibly stop down the aperture setting, speed up the shutter speed or if possible play with the exposure composition (give it a negative value). Alternatively you could adjust where you are standing so the sun is behind you smile

----------------------------------------------------
We may be human But we're still animals

My Blog | follow me @metalhead41 | Surfin' Bird Dance
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to