Technical Discussion
  >> Digital Photography, Video and Graphics

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Tue 08-Jan-13 12:19:44
Print Post

Re: Camera Accesories - What do you think?

[re: Old_Git] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Old_Git:
You don't HAVE to add kit! It's up to you, but photography in my humble opinion should be more about having fun and being creative - not financing the lifestyle of rich investors.

Instead of spending money, you can use that money to travel more, and find interesting subjects.

Ok, there are a few things that help you. Decent rechargeable batteries. Maybe a spare set. A large fast memory card.

Tripods can be fun, but I wouldn't spend more on it than on the camera! Surprising what tripods you can find in Nature. Backpack? I don't bother. Like to travel light - but a good strap is a bonus.

Not heard of any issues - looks like a fairly typical modern digital bridge camera. You can have a lot of fun with them. Does it have any manual controls over shutter and aperture? If so, then it's a good stepping stone should you chose it to be.

http://tightfistedphotography.wordpress.com/

My gf was kind enough to ensure it has an 8GB card. Fast enough for me.

The tripod is a must. I have RSI which translates to having a shaky hand when doing some thing. Not an issue for me, but others notice if I hand them a hot cup. Let just say I'll never be on Danger UXB if they do a re-make. smile

Charger, batteries, spare set. Check!

No manual shutter or aperture, but there seem to be modes to work around that, as well as adjusting the light, and the ISO settings.

I love the ghoul pic in that link. Not so sure about the mushroom though. shocked

~ Camieabz ~

All Connection Data ~ Some plusnet links

mod'er·a'tion n.
Synonyms: temperance, restraint, modesty.
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Tue 08-Jan-13 12:25:54
Print Post

Re: Camera Accesories - What do you think?

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Cheers for the link. Looks good.

~ Camieabz ~

All Connection Data ~ Some plusnet links

mod'er·a'tion n.
Synonyms: temperance, restraint, modesty.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to