Technical Discussion
  >> Digital Photography, Video and Graphics

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User wingco1
(legend) Tue 21-Jan-14 18:02:13
Print Post

Re: Canon MG7150 Printer

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

Thanks for the suggestion Tony. I'm not sure if that would be compatable. However all sorted now.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 27-Jan-14 19:34:29
Print Post

[re: wingco1] [link to this post]

This is one thing that worries me if /when my old IP4200 goes belly up, it been a good little workhorse, reliable and produces good quality printing. but compatibility with software I have got if I ever have to buy a new printer. i also find printers these days even canon to be tacky and cheap looking and more of them are getting to be all in ones, which I don't require.

the one that is almost the same as what I got for a decent price is the Canon PIXMA iP7250 that have got wireless in and seems to be discontinued

I just want a bog standard canon printer, with Cd printing, no bling to make it look good. i just hope mine will last for a few more years, but sometimes the noise it makes I have my doubts.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

ALLPAY Wireless broadband
Standard User wingco1
(legend) Wed 29-Jan-14 17:16:20
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

I've printed three discs with the 7150 and to be honest I'm not impressed. Roller marks can be clearly seen on the face of the disk. frown My IP4500 does better! Looks like I'll have to use that with my old XP machine.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 05-Feb-14 08:45:26
Print Post

[re: wingco1] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by wingco1:
I've printed three discs with the 7150 and to be honest I'm not impressed. Roller marks can be clearly seen on the face of the disk. frown My IP4500 does better! Looks like I'll have to use that with my old XP machine.

This is why I want to keep my printer goign for as long as possible. A mate of mine got the newer model of mine, not the latest, but newer and I don't think it is as good as mine.

Shame as i like Canon printers, they built or was built out of good sturdy plastic, not like the epsons i have seen that looks cheap and tacky. Hp is too expensive to run and after seeing a HP fall apart in front of my eyes while it was printing, I think i will keep clear of them. i like their scanners.

Kodak while cheap and seem to do a pretty decent job, the one my next door neighbour have got always seems to be struggling to do the job, also no Cd printing.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

ALLPAY Wireless broadband
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to