Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 31-Aug-10 12:54:57
Print Post

Re: 21CN with Dratek 2800

[re: iand] [link to this post]

Thanks for your post.
We have ADSL from Swisscom and yesterday they "upgraded" our line (np other info provided). Afterwards - no ADSL at all!!!!.

I figured they had screwed up their "upgrade" and spent all day ranting at them down the phone but after finding your comments (I have a Vigor2800) I upgraded the firmware (which was UK 2.8.2 - the latest version) to E.67.36.1 and it then connected perfectly again and has run fine since.

Respect! - You saved me binning my router and buying a new one!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 28-Dec-10 15:39:58
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I too have just upgraded a 2800 which I had "filed" a year ago since I got ADSL2+ and it no longer connected. Amazed to find that with the 67.36.1 firmware, the router connected immediately to ADSL2+, so I have brought the 2800 back into service at last!
Standard User iand
(experienced) Thu 30-Dec-10 14:51:28
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Good to see your draytek 2800 works on 21CN adsl2+. When I was with Entanet this worked very well, although it would drop PPP from time to time and then autologin again. I moved to the C&W LLU service and the same happened, but from time to time the autologin did not work and I would have to physically reset the 2800 Drayek. I have just "downgraded" to a TD-W8960N router for £50 (with VPN but no VOIP) and this has worked and relogged in without any problems. So you Draytek 2800 users, it does work, but with a few niggles. Some you see some you dont.

IanD

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 21-Jun-12 12:37:06
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

2800 does not work for me, fails to establish a firm connection for hours at a time, occasionally connects and holds for a few hours, then several hours failing again.

Upgraded firmware to 2.8.2 before I started so no joy there.

Why would I ever buy another Draytek again, it is clear from this thread that it is not an ADSL2 router and does not get the best of the line.

ADSL2 is supposed to be a 19mb service, 2800 can't seem to operate above 10mb
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to