Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 14-Dec-11 17:12:10
Print Post

Re: Netgear DG834G v3 - compatible with ADSL2?

[re: wannabemedic] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by wannabemedic:
I've sent a complaint to AOL for the tripe they churned out on the phone yesterday, about BT being responsible for the upload speed and AOL being responsible for download. Makes me wonder how someone could make it into public-facing tech support with that level of knowledge!
Seeing as the thread has resurfaced, did you ever get any sense back?

Can you give us a link to what samknows says about the exchange, there could be a clue there to what you are actually on.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User wannabemedic
(learned) Wed 27-Jun-12 15:34:22
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Seeing as the thread has resurfaced, did you ever get any sense back?

Can you give us a link to what samknows says about the exchange, there could be a clue there to what you are actually on.

This is the exchange in question: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/WMSTP

Never received a response from AOL. Have recently contacted again regarding speed as TalkTalk are offering an estaimated 12Mbps and 1Mbps upstream. Currently getting 4.5Mb down and 0.3Mb up.

I've put a Home Hub 2 on the line (unlocked) which works but hasn't given an improvement. I spoke with TalkTalk's network team (I guess the AOL brand won't be around much longer) who said if router is not ADSL2+ compatible that could be a problem.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 27-Jun-12 18:00:53
Print Post

[re: wannabemedic] [link to this post]

Bung your router stats into http://www.coolwebhome.co.uk/calc/calculator.php

42dB off top of head is around the 9 to 10 Meg mark, so TalkTalk is over estimating a little.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to