This isn't the usual problem
I have recently been getting multiple site lookup failures so I tried the usual options - change DNS servers, set DNS servers in the computer - but it still happened using Firefox and IE on my Win 7 system
This morning the better half came in complaining about problems accessing sites and sending emails - this is on Win XP
So as a last resort I switched from my Netgear DG834G v4 to a cheap Dlink and the problem seems to have gone away.
So I have two questions
Is it possible that the Netgear has developed a fault although the connection is rock steady
Is it possible that the TBB quality meter is swamping the Netgear with the pings. I notice that the base ping is reporting a bit lower on the Dlink