Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User shaneosborne
(experienced) Fri 30-Oct-15 16:46:20
Print Post

Re: Billion 7800n Router and FttC Connection

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

I hope someone can help.

Everything runs fine but sometimes access will stop. I try turning on wifi on my phone and nothing. It just keeps trying to connect to the network. However, once I reset the routers, everything is fine until it happens again. Everything is setup as advised. Anyone assist?
Standard User shaneosborne
(experienced) Sun 15-Nov-15 20:19:15
Print Post

[re: shaneosborne] [link to this post]

Well, the above problem seems to have settled a little but does happen on the odd occasion and no idea as to why it happens at all.

I also wanted to ask about 'FTTrN'.

I've read that trials have started in some areas from June/July this year and was wondering if this type of solution is used more widely than suggested. I ask because the next street on from me has green boxes attached to telegraph poles and lines are fed from that to the property and this is advertised as FttP/FttH. So, is this different to that of FTTrN?

Many thanks in advance.

Oh! Hope someone can also help with g.fast tech, will this eventually be rolled out nationwide or is this just a solution for rural areas and those of long lines?

Thanks again...
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 15-Nov-15 20:28:16
Print Post

[re: shaneosborne] [link to this post]

FTTH delivers a fibre connection all the way into the home/premises, unlike FTTC that only delivers it to the cabinet - from where it uses the old copper.

FTTrN takes fibre all the way to the pole, and just the copper from there is used. So similar to FTTC but shortening the copper length greatly.

G.Fast I don't know a lot about but is an advance on the VDSL2 used for FTTC, expected to be useful on copper runs of 500 metres or shorter.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to