Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User SteelArt
(learned) Mon 12-Oct-15 08:57:59
Print Post

Re: Sky DSL, HG612 and Netgear WNR 2000

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

"this router can operate in a 'bridged' mode cant it? even in ADSL? how does that work exactly? because this Sky-Hub has been designed to work with the FTTC HG612 modem, it has a special WANoE mode for the HG612 if you get FTTC with sky - Ive read something along the lines of in this mode the Sky-Hub does all the DHCP etc and manages/displays the connection settings...only the HG612 makes the actual sync and passes it off too the hub/router"

Not successful!!! I got that far a long time ago!!!
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Mon 12-Oct-15 09:28:15
Print Post

[re: SteelArt] [link to this post]

So what is your problem?

The poster in that post is happy with the connection, what can't you do?

Why don't you post your settings?

Edited by BatBoy (Mon 12-Oct-15 09:36:35)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 12-Oct-15 10:11:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
He doesn't know how, and any instructions for that people stupid unhelpful types like us elsewhere give him don't work.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59999/14372kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Mon 12-Oct-15 10:20:31
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I think his problem is actually with the router which the Netgear Genie should be able to sort out.
Standard User SteelArt
(learned) Mon 12-Oct-15 11:03:04
Print Post

He doesn't know how, and any instructions for that people stupid unhelpful types like us elsewhere give him don't work.

It's not so much a high horse as a hobby horse.
Grow up!
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 12-Oct-15 11:06:14
Print Post

Do you ever drink water?

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59999/14372kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User SteelArt
(learned) Mon 12-Oct-15 11:34:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
So what is your problem?

The poster in that post is happy with the connection, what can't you do?

That method uses the hg612 as a modem/router and the attached equipment as a switch/wap. That loses me a lan port on the netgear which I cant afford to lose. Another box to give me that port back is really a no-no due to space and well, that's 3 boxes for one connection.

You stated that the two ports of the 612 can be tied together giving me the desired 4 lan ports. While I'm willing to try this when I get an hour spare, from what Ive read this wont work as expected. When I tried it before by binding lan1/2 to the "internet" service, I lost all access to the 612 via http. By then it was late and I hadn't thought about the cli interface.
I had to hard reset it and doing this lost the firmware update. I'm dubious that this will work but perhaps I'd overlooked something so I'll give it another go.

Except for the lost lan port, it would have been ok although not really what I wanted. However, what I want does not seem possible. A very knowledgeable tech from within sky told me this a couple of weeks ago and it was him that suggested the vigor. Further reading seems to support him 100%.
I was hoping that there was some undocumented cli command that someone here may have known about.

When I get back to it and tie those ports, I'll take a few screenshots then. Is there anything in particular that you want to look at?

I am not a stranger to this world. In fact I worked extensively on unlocking the voyager 220. That was a long time ago.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Mon 12-Oct-15 11:40:27
Print Post

Basic > DSL
Basic > ATM
Basic > WAN
Basic > LAN
Standard User SteelArt
(learned) Mon 12-Oct-15 11:46:31
Print Post

No but I can lead a horse!

If you have nothing constructive to add, please stop trolling this thread and taking it off topic. Despite your annoying intrusions, we may actually be getting somewhere so please take your vitriol elsewhere.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Mon 12-Oct-15 11:48:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by SteelArt:
You stated that the two ports of the 612 can be tied together giving me the desired 4 lan ports. While I'm willing to try this when I get an hour spare, from what Ive read this wont work as expected. When I tried it before by binding lan1/2 to the "internet" service, I lost all access to the 612 via http.
Are you saying you ticked both LAN1 and LAN2? I think you're supposed to untick them.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to