Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User planetf1
(experienced) Mon 11-Apr-16 22:24:07
Print Post

Re: TP-Link Archer VR900 (to replace BT HH5a) - first though

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
MY HH5b had newer than latest firmware on it.... had to have hub replaced :laugh

I am starting to think that is the only way of getting a sw update
Standard User planetf1
(experienced) Mon 11-Apr-16 22:25:55
Print Post

[re: gt94sss2] [link to this post]

BT will stagger the roll-out of any firmware that is released. We will generally wait until this firmware has reached all customers on the targeted hub before updating the page you have linked to. I would imagine that once this new firmware has been fully rolled-out, we will update our website.

sigh - so frustrating when you are getting issues that are supposedly fixed!
Standard User planetf1
(experienced) Mon 11-Apr-16 22:27:33
Print Post

[re: gt94sss2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gt94sss2:
[Is your HG612 unlocked? If you disable QoS on the HG612 you can get a further boost on your upstream of about 1MB (but this can only be done on an unlocked one)
[/quote]

yes it's unlocked . I've unchecked it though sceptical .........

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Apr-16 22:31:30
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
I don't know where you're getting this info from but my firmware is 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 which was updated at the end of March.

You mean shortly after you got a replacement hub from BT.... meaning that it got the latest firmware for YOUR hub/connection....

Doesn't mean it's the latest.

BTInfinity - 66000/21000kbps Formerly 116000/31000 - Quality Monitor - Quality Monitor 2
VirginMedia - 77000/5250kbps - BQM L1 - BQM L2
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Apr-16 22:36:01
Print Post

[re: planetf1] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by planetf1:
MY HH5b had newer than latest firmware on it.... had to have hub replaced :laugh

I am starting to think that is the only way of getting a sw update

It won't be, I got the 'trial' firmware when I first connected to BT for the first time, however my replacement HH5b only updated to the latest listed at BT's site above.

I can also confirm that the firmware on my first hub wasn't very good and seemed to have a lot of teething problem's, so staying clear might be wise.

BTInfinity - 66000/21000kbps Formerly 116000/31000 - Quality Monitor - Quality Monitor 2
Standard User planetf1
(experienced) Mon 11-Apr-16 22:39:42
Print Post

It won't be, I got the 'trial' firmware when I first connected to BT for the first time, however my replacement HH5b only updated to the latest listed at BT's site above.

though the update schedule of the "b" may differ
So when you got updated on the first hub was that an update overnight the first night it was left plugged in from new? (it may occur after a reset too)

I can also confirm that the firmware on my first hub wasn't very good and seemed to have a lot of teething problem's, so staying clear might be wise.

It sounds as if your first one was an a (the one I'm struggling with) and you're getting better luck with a b. I wish I could try the latter!
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Mon 11-Apr-16 22:40:38
Print Post

You mean shortly after you got a replacement hub from BT.... meaning that it got the latest firmware for YOUR hub/connection....

I mean my hub has the latest firmware as listed here http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13073... which means it is the latest.

My hub updated the firmware at the end of March as shown here:
3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 31/03/16
4. Board version: BT Hub 5A
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Apr-16 22:43:04
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I mean my hub has the latest firmware as listed here http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13073... which means it is the latest.

My hub updated the firmware at the end of March as shown here:
3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 31/03/16
4. Board version: BT Hub 5A

Fine.... It doesn't mean it has the latest 'trial' version then... :X

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Apr-16 22:46:06
Print Post

The hub updated as soon as it got connected... didn't bother with 2nd hub but did test one of the known issues and it didn't exist anymore.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Apr-16 23:30:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by planetf1:
In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
Can I verify - are you not on firmware version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11

Yes I am.... though it isn't the latest and certainly has wifi issues (for me)

This is the latest version supported by BT at current, some users are kind of selected, I guess like a trial for newer firmware but alas most of us are not. So we have the same firmware.

I have firmware version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 and it is flawless for me. This is the one most users have.

If you are having issues on this firmware version including SSIDs disappearing as you describe, you almost certainly have a faulty hub. No firmware gonna fix that.

Latest supported firmwares are always published here.
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13073...
If somebody has a newer version, they're just part of a sample who are kind of trailing the new firmware. Often this causes them more issues.

Back to the drawing board, your issues do not appear to be the firmware, else I'm sure me and batboy would be raging hell on here, as we are both on the same firmware as you smile.

If my SSID randomly disappeared I would be all over that. & If my 5Ghz dropped, again I would be all over that, as all I am using personally is 5Ghz, although other people I live with use 2.4 as well.

I've kicked through 300Gb in a week on this HH5A all over WiFi in the past 6 days.

I may have a spare HomeHub 5A somewhere in my house if you're having this much of an issue getting a replacement out of BT.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Mon 11-Apr-16 23:34:26)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to