Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User planetf1
(experienced) Tue 12-Apr-16 06:51:16
Print Post

Re: TP-Link Archer VR900 (to replace BT HH5a) - first though

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Glad to hear the HH5 is going well for you, and interesting to hear the kind of usage you put through it. A hw fault is a possibility, but I work in software, and have spent plenty of time debugging. Pretty much anything is possible, there can be so many particular co-incidences/combinations that can create the environment where a particular bug only affects a small proportion of people. So I certainly don't discount a sw effect at all. A particular device I have, the surrounding rf interference, a configuration change, who knows!

Thanks too for the kind offer of a 5A replacement, but I'll chase BT. I've also reset the hub so will see if the issue re-occurs.

Meanwhile plan B was an alternative hub - I went for the AR900, of course I hit a snag with that that made me think again. (In that case it was an upstream sync of around 6 Mbps instead of 7 Mbps which given I do a lot of upload [backup] is significant, and is reflected in actual throughput). So pay £100+ for bugs or chase BT ... Yes I find issues with lots of things wink
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 12-Apr-16 07:36:43
Print Post

[re: planetf1] [link to this post]

There are many reports on the BT Community forums by people having similar problems to you, so I don't think your problem is unusual
https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/...
They all get moved out of the main Infinity forum by the fanboys.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 12-Apr-16 09:44:48
Print Post

[re: planetf1] [link to this post]

Interestingly my throughput over wireless has been stuck at 20Mbps since last evening...

Seems I've cursed myself.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gt94sss2
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 12-Apr-16 15:19:31
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

BatBoy,

I am not going to argue with you - experience has shown you refuse to listen to anyone who doesn't with your own views - even when you are the only one claiming something or where there is lots of evidence you are wrong - such as some of your comments on G.INP

All I will say is that 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 is not the latest official version of the firmware. You may only have got it recently for some reason (a replacement hub?) but it has been rolling out 'officially' since last summer.

4.7.5.1.83.8.222.1.1 is now the latest version. This was in trial at the end of last year and is now being rolled out gradually.

FWIT this post has someone who was beta trialling it then (as they did the older version in 2015)

The BT help page does not yet show the new version and I have been told that:

BT will stagger the roll-out of any firmware that is released. We will generally wait until this firmware has reached all customers on the targeted hub before updating the page you have linked to.

You can choose to believe me or not - I am not going to enter into a debate about this with you about this - it would be pointless to do so with you given your refusal to believe anything anyone else says...
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 12-Apr-16 15:27:18
Print Post

[re: gt94sss2] [link to this post]

You can repeat what you have seen in other forum posts all you want. It in no way constitutes an official statement. It's just somebody's opinion, not even your opinion frown
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 12-Apr-16 19:05:14
Print Post

Closed

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

As believe we are doing a Groundhog day once again

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to