Glad to hear the HH5 is going well for you, and interesting to hear the kind of usage you put through it. A hw fault is a possibility, but I work in software, and have spent plenty of time debugging. Pretty much anything is possible, there can be so many particular co-incidences/combinations that can create the environment where a particular bug only affects a small proportion of people. So I certainly don't discount a sw effect at all. A particular device I have, the surrounding rf interference, a configuration change, who knows!
Thanks too for the kind offer of a 5A replacement, but I'll chase BT. I've also reset the hub so will see if the issue re-occurs.
Meanwhile plan B was an alternative hub - I went for the AR900, of course I hit a snag with that that made me think again. (In that case it was an upstream sync of around 6 Mbps instead of 7 Mbps which given I do a lot of upload [backup] is significant, and is reflected in actual throughput). So pay £100+ for bugs or chase BT ... Yes I find issues with lots of things