Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 21-Jun-16 18:30:59
Print Post

Re: Best ADSL router?

[re: ayrshiredude] [link to this post]

Going from memory, on the Technicolor on many screens there are "Details" and/or "Config" buttons towards the top right. The line stats are somewhere in there I think.

On the Hub, as it is basically a BT Home Hub 5A, the stats are likely to be in the Troubleshooting section, after you have logged in to the Router itself. (192.168.1.254 perhaps?)

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59500/14989kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Jun-16 18:36:09
Print Post

If you actually need a new router is it something like this you are looking for?

http://tinyurl.com/jjxo7dh

For my ADSL connection I'm still using an old Netgear DG834GT so can't comment on the pros and cons of the TP-Link, anyway if you feel like it there are 971 customer reviews to trawl through tongue

plusnet user
Standard User ayrshiredude
(newbie) Wed 22-Jun-16 01:20:17
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I've been through every setting and link within the router settings page and there is definitely nothing else there. All I can see is the "Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 440 / 18,357". There is definitely nothing about noise or anything else.

I have just ordered a Plusnet Hub one from Ebay which cost me £25. Brand new and sealed. Basically a BT Hub 5 which, though not perfect ticks the right boxes and is a decent enough router for the money.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 961a
(member) Wed 22-Jun-16 09:30:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by ayrshiredude:
I've been through every setting and link within the router settings page and there is definitely nothing else there. All I can see is the "Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 440 / 18,357". There is definitely nothing about noise or anything else.

I have just ordered a Plusnet Hub one from Ebay which cost me £25. Brand new and sealed. Basically a BT Hub 5 which, though not perfect ticks the right boxes and is a decent enough router for the money.

I suggest your connection speeds are not going to improve much beyond what you are already getting

You may find this web site helpful together with the Router Stats software

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to