Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User longedge
(experienced) Mon 13-Jul-20 13:41:46
Print Post

Fritz!Box 7530 CPU temperature spikes.

[link to this post]

Does anyone using a Fritz!Box see CPU temperature spikes right up to the top of the graph which is 140°C. I'm getting one or two a day (although at first there were far more) as in this screenshot and am wondering if I need to get it exchanged. I could do without the hassle!

p.s. Here are some screenshots of the spikes I've been seeing since new. I thought it had been resolved a few days ago after I raised a support ticket but it looks to me as if there's still a problem.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
... known to some as George
plusnet FTTC - BQM

Edited by longedge (Mon 13-Jul-20 14:10:14)

Standard User paulsmith109
(experienced) Mon 13-Jul-20 21:42:03
Print Post

Re: Fritz!Box 7530 CPU temperature spikes.

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

I `m using the 7530 at the moment and have never experienced this issue.
Are you with Zen? Ask them to send a replacement.
However, I suppose you could set it to factory defaults and then reconfigure it first to see it that helps?
It`s worth a try before sending it back to Zen?
Standard User longedge
(experienced) Mon 13-Jul-20 22:11:19
Print Post

[re: paulsmith109] [link to this post]

No - I'm with PlusNet, I was having multiple disconnections every day and the new router has resolved that problem. I'm just mildly concerned about these occasional spikes, apart from that I'm very happy with the way the router is performing.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
plusnet FTTC - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User danielhyde
(regular) Tue 14-Jul-20 10:05:31
Print Post

i'd say it is a firmware issue as if it was getting that hot there would be irrepairable damage done to the cpu
Standard User longedge
(experienced) Tue 14-Jul-20 10:22:32
Print Post

[re: danielhyde] [link to this post]

Yes I thought the same, I have downloaded the labs firmware. At the moment I've got over 4 days uptime and I want to see how long my connection lasts before I install this beta version.

plusnet FTTC - BQM
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Fri 31-Jul-20 19:19:41
Print Post

Been using a 7530 on Zen since January (bought from them to replace a 3490)

Been running fine in a desk cupboard it shares with a Synology single bay NAS and a Hive hub but I should note it's connected to a Fibre To the Premises ONT so the internal ADSL/VDSL modem is not active.

The production version of the new firmware 07.20 landed on 21 July so if yours isn't set to update itself it might be worthwhile trying to apply that.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU => Zen FTTP (76 Mbps down, 18 Mbps up)
Router: Fritzbox 7530
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User longedge
(experienced) Fri 31-Jul-20 21:35:53
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

Yes I updated to 7.20 early doors on the 22nd. The router seems to have settled down now and it hasn't displayed any spikes for a while. I came across quite a lot of reports of similar behaviour in other models beside the 7530 but no definitive cause/cure.

I feel confident that the temperature readings were false.

plusnet FTTC - BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to