User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User nuke_me
(committed) Wed 19-Dec-12 09:57:52
Print Post

Re: 80/20mbps FTTC Plans?

[re: 5km] [link to this post]

Well I've held out as long as I could, and the fantastic list of broadband and fiber deals on plusnet as left my bottom jaw on the floor.
Unlimited Fibre Broadband for 19.99 a month (Truly unlimited) Up to 76Mb down, Up to 19.5Mb upload as just blown me away.
I've checked up on the main eclipse web site for anything to keep my custom with eclipse, they have nothing close to the pricing of plusnet.
So unless eclipse can come up with a deal at least to match this, I'm out of here, well in the new year a bit to close to xmas now to sort something out.
Like I said in another post I've been with eclipse 8 years now, soon be 9 years, if I'm waiting till next year, so unless Eclipsestaff can work out a deal that can keep me on eclipse I think, I'll be leaving sometime early next year, and I can see a lot following me also.
I will say, I've been usually happy with the service from eclipse these 8 years, the odd problem as been sorted, but the extra saving and loads more bandwidth it's just crazy to not move.
Sorry guys eclipse as been dragging there feet, and they lost the race me thinks.

eclipse internet
Standard User Dr_Dave
(newbie) Sat 09-Feb-13 09:56:08
Print Post

[re: nuke_me] [link to this post]

I too was an Eclipse customer for nearly 10 years, but their inability to provide a half-decent Fibre service pushed me to move on.

MAC aquisition was quick and painless and it arrived within 6hrs.

The whole order with PlusNet was completed within the promised timescale - and my speeds are great! My line length between my house and the cab is no more than 200m.

I'm over the moon, so-to-speak! smile

[img]http://speedtest.net/result/2488337767.png[/img]

:edit - No idea why I can't post an image here!
Standard User dai2k
(committed) Fri 02-Aug-13 11:05:02
Print Post

[re: Eclipsestaff] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Eclipsestaff:
We are currently in the process of developing our 80/20 product to ensure that it meets the requirements of our customers both now and in the future. We will be confirmed the launch date for the product as soon as we can but we do not want to provide a date that we are unable to stick too. We will be putting this date public via our social channels as soon as we have it firmed up. Please do feel free to contact us direct if you would like to discuss further.

So what is the situation with the 80/20 products, were 8 months on and still no sign of it. Also the pricing for unlimited with you guys is still ridiculous. So any news on a price drop or the release of 80/20 yet please?

=========================================
{Hamster}Dai2k

I am Homer of Borg you will be..... oooohhhhh Donuts!!!!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Thu 05-Sep-13 16:57:26
Print Post

[re: dai2k] [link to this post]

I've been watching to see if Eclipse would reply to this.

Clearly not frown

Once upon a time Eclipse kept a close eye on this forum, in particular a support guy name of Andy who was very good at trying to help. He's left and consequently there seems to be little interest at Eclipse in giving any effort to this forum frown

Tony
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to