User comments on ISPs
  >> Eclipse Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Bobby_Valentino
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 09-Apr-12 17:29:50
Print Post

80/20mbps FTTC Plans?

[link to this post]

Does Eclipse have any plans on offering the 80/20mbps plans once BTWholesale launch the product?

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 09-Apr-12 17:38:05
Print Post

Re: 80/20mbps FTTC Plans?

[re: Bobby_Valentino] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Bobby_Valentino:
Does Eclipse have any plans on offering the 80/20mbps plans once BTWholesale launch the product?
According to your speedtest you have 90Mbps down and up confused

______________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Apr-12 18:21:34
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Some cool kids like posting speed tests from work / school / college / uni *shrug*

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 09-Apr-12 18:26:48
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

With 90Mbps up and down, why is he interested in 80/20?

______________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Apr-12 18:58:53
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Presumably he doesn't live in his place of work / education so is interested in that level of service for home.
Standard User BerruccI
(newbie) Wed 11-Apr-12 16:00:42
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Just called to ask when I could get upgraded and was shocked to find out that they are currenty not offering the 80/20 product. This is odd for an ISP that makes a lot of noise about being a big partner of BT - do they simply not have the infrastructure in place to facilitate this?

Anyone from Eclipse have any timescales for this?

Hate to move ISP's after 10 years of great service with Eclipse but can wait for a while on 40/10.
Standard User Ripley
(committed) Wed 11-Apr-12 22:56:41
Print Post

[re: BerruccI] [link to this post]

may be worth posting your line stats to see if you will even benefit from the 80-20 upgrade...

assuming you have an FTTC product already

Freeserve Dial-Up --> BTopenworld --> <n>ildram -->Talk Talk LLU --> ZeN
DrayTek 2850 VN

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by Ripley (Wed 11-Apr-12 22:57:15)

Standard User BerruccI
(newbie) Thu 12-Apr-12 11:51:11
Print Post

[re: Ripley] [link to this post]

Had FTTC since March last year, sync at 40/10 and get 37/8, about 200m from cab.

Speedtest.net

Checker showing 65 down and 20 up - upload is the bigger draw for me. Just hope that they actually provide the faster service.
Standard User Ripley
(committed) Thu 12-Apr-12 17:49:41
Print Post

[re: BerruccI] [link to this post]

yup 65 down ties in with the recent post on the TBB main site, for a distance of 200m from cab.

Let hope you get the new speeds.

I noticed on the BT Infinity site they have altered it today for their products, now calling it 'BT Infinity 2'

DrayTek 2850 VN

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Ripley
(committed) Thu 12-Apr-12 17:51:52
Print Post

although the results provided by the Origin tests indicate better speeds are possible...

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/5160-origin-shows...

DrayTek 2850 VN

My Broadband Speed Test
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 15-May-12 20:36:04
Print Post

Any update Eclipse??

My Broadband Speed Test
ISP Representative Eclipsestaff
(isp) Wed 16-May-12 12:55:49
Print Post

I know its something that's being worked on, however I don't have have an ETA for you (or any other details around how it'll look). I've emailed the people involved to see if I can get something semi-official for you.

eclipse internet
- Eclipse Line Rental - Now available to existing customers.
- Eclipse Knowledge Base

Eclipse Website | Twitter

Edited by Eclipsestaff (Wed 16-May-12 12:58:51)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 28-Jul-12 22:30:34
Print Post

[re: Eclipsestaff] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Eclipsestaff:
I know its something that's being worked on, however I don't have have an ETA for you (or any other details around how it'll look). I've emailed the people involved to see if I can get something semi-official for you.

Any update?

My Broadband Speed Test
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 26-Oct-12 11:57:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by Bobby_Valentino:

Any update?

Update!?!?!?

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Sun 28-Oct-12 10:41:57
Print Post

The lack of any response reflects my increasing view that Eclipse Customer Service has gone downhill in the last few months frown.

I've no idea why, perhaps it's cost pressures, perhaps a reduction in staff.

My monthly 'Rate Your Provider' on TBB has inevitably reflected this of late.

Very sad.

Tony
(isp) Tue 30-Oct-12 11:17:44
Print Post

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We are currently waiting for confirmation of the release date for our 80/20 FTTC offering, as soon as this has happened we will let you know.

With regards to the lack of updates on this forum, I can only apologise. Emails, tickets and twitter (@eclipsecare & @eclipseinternet) are monitored regularly, and are our preferred method of contact - however I will endeavour to keep a much closer eye on here.

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User nuke_me
(committed) Sun 18-Nov-12 07:56:40
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

I've started looking at other companies now for there 80/20, for example plusnet there deals are looking very interesting now.
With there pricing and speeds on eclipse atm, something needs to be done to get me to stay at eclpise for much longer, been on eclipse for 8 years now, so stop dragging your feet.

eclipse internet
(isp) Wed 21-Nov-12 15:29:30
Print Post

[re: nuke_me] [link to this post]

We are currently in the process of developing our 80/20 product to ensure that it meets the requirements of our customers both now and in the future. We will be confirmed the launch date for the product as soon as we can but we do not want to provide a date that we are unable to stick too. We will be putting this date public via our social channels as soon as we have it firmed up. Please do feel free to contact us direct if you would like to discuss further.

Standard User EmjayNet
(newbie) Mon 26-Nov-12 10:01:05
Print Post

You make it sound like you working hard to introduce a new and intuitive service, when in reality this is a product every major FTTC provider/reseller already has.

Just what is it that’s requires Eclipse so much more time to figure out something that all your competitors have already introduced, and for the same price or slightly cheaper than your 40meg service. Just what is your policy for customer retention!!!

Eclipse is so far behind the times and out of touch with your customers. The name is starting to sound right “Eclipse, hiding in the shadows, afraid to step into the light!”
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Wed 28-Nov-12 20:50:21
Print Post

[re: EmjayNet] [link to this post]

[like]

Eclipse don't even upgrade people to 21cn automatically even though this is cheaper than 20cn at wholesale.

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2
Standard User nuke_me
(committed) Wed 19-Dec-12 09:57:52
Print Post

[re: 5km] [link to this post]

Well I've held out as long as I could, and the fantastic list of broadband and fiber deals on plusnet as left my bottom jaw on the floor.
Unlimited Fibre Broadband for 19.99 a month (Truly unlimited) Up to 76Mb down, Up to 19.5Mb upload as just blown me away.
I've checked up on the main eclipse web site for anything to keep my custom with eclipse, they have nothing close to the pricing of plusnet.
So unless eclipse can come up with a deal at least to match this, I'm out of here, well in the new year a bit to close to xmas now to sort something out.
Like I said in another post I've been with eclipse 8 years now, soon be 9 years, if I'm waiting till next year, so unless Eclipsestaff can work out a deal that can keep me on eclipse I think, I'll be leaving sometime early next year, and I can see a lot following me also.
I will say, I've been usually happy with the service from eclipse these 8 years, the odd problem as been sorted, but the extra saving and loads more bandwidth it's just crazy to not move.
Sorry guys eclipse as been dragging there feet, and they lost the race me thinks.

eclipse internet
Standard User Dr_Dave
(newbie) Sat 09-Feb-13 09:56:08
Print Post

[re: nuke_me] [link to this post]

I too was an Eclipse customer for nearly 10 years, but their inability to provide a half-decent Fibre service pushed me to move on.

MAC aquisition was quick and painless and it arrived within 6hrs.

The whole order with PlusNet was completed within the promised timescale - and my speeds are great! My line length between my house and the cab is no more than 200m.

I'm over the moon, so-to-speak! smile

[img]http://speedtest.net/result/2488337767.png[/img]

:edit - No idea why I can't post an image here!
Standard User dai2k
(committed) Fri 02-Aug-13 11:05:02
Print Post

We are currently in the process of developing our 80/20 product to ensure that it meets the requirements of our customers both now and in the future. We will be confirmed the launch date for the product as soon as we can but we do not want to provide a date that we are unable to stick too. We will be putting this date public via our social channels as soon as we have it firmed up. Please do feel free to contact us direct if you would like to discuss further.

So what is the situation with the 80/20 products, were 8 months on and still no sign of it. Also the pricing for unlimited with you guys is still ridiculous. So any news on a price drop or the release of 80/20 yet please?

=========================================
{Hamster}Dai2k

I am Homer of Borg you will be..... oooohhhhh Donuts!!!!
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Thu 05-Sep-13 16:57:26
Print Post

[re: dai2k] [link to this post]

I've been watching to see if Eclipse would reply to this.

Clearly not frown

Once upon a time Eclipse kept a close eye on this forum, in particular a support guy name of Andy who was very good at trying to help. He's left and consequently there seems to be little interest at Eclipse in giving any effort to this forum frown

Tony
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to