User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Fri 19-Apr-13 11:27:46
Print Post

Re: Entanet Interconnect node change

[re: b4dger] [link to this post]

An update to this...

I've just found that my neighbour (same exchange and also with Freeola/Entanet) is still on the Faraday node?!

Can anyone explain how 2 lines on the same exchange can now be on different IPSC nodes?

I was under the impression lines on the same exchange would all take a similar route - so this has either changed (or I don't understand how this works - all this is guess work!) or Entanet's node checker is confused.

I was with Freeola before my neighbour and have always been on a 62.* IP range when they are on an 84.* range. If lines are being moved in batches I don't know if this would have any relevance?

Thanks in advance if anyone has any thoughts on this.
I've also asked Freeola but thought it was worth asking here as well.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 19-Apr-13 15:40:11
Print Post

Right back at the beginning of WBC, with Entanet being the first to use it really, (maybe also BT but that's irrelevant), James at ADSL24 compiled a map showing which exchanges were connected to which node.

That showed that although most exchanges went to a single node, many used multiple nodes. The conclusion was that the connection is actually MSAN/DSLAM >> node.

Assuming that is the case it could explain what you have found.

I think Openreach must have asked him to take it down frown.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User professor973
(committed) Tue 23-Apr-13 12:35:25
Print Post

Well I am down to 0.4mb this morning on a profile of over 14mb! Enta are all over the place at times lately. My ISP is struggling to help as there is no way we can get a connection to the stage 3 BT speedtest!
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/7082/speedtesteh.jpg

The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.
http://www.pingtest.net/result/68380009.png

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 23-Apr-13 13:59:12
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Stage 3 goes nowhere near the ISP's systems. It is purely within BT Wholesale.

Stage 1 is through the ISP as normal. Stage 2 allows the ISP to route it as normal or some more direct way between you and the test server. Stage 3 is routed between you and the test server, by-passing the ISP completely.

There used to be a description and diagram somewhere in BTW documentation, but I haven't got it bookmarked, and don't even know if it is still there frown.

Not being able to get Stage 3 to run has to be an external problem.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
(committed) Tue 23-Apr-13 15:15:57
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes, I realise stage 3 bypasses the ISP, but Freeola would have been better armed to raise a speed problem if in possession of stage three results. Unfortunately, as on previous occasions, I could not make a connection from here via the usual [email protected]_domain router setting. Changing to the advised [email protected]_domain allowed the router to connect, but still no throughput. Apparently I am not the only one that cannot connect, so probably a bug in the system that doesn't like particular situations.
Speed back up again now, but five hours is getting a bit much along with the lunchtime issues caused by business priority.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2664444462.png

Edited by professor973 (Tue 23-Apr-13 15:21:29)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 23-Apr-13 15:34:13
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

I think out of 20-30 attempts at Stage 3, when Stage 2 was showing below 10kbps downstream, Stage 3 timed out all except twice.Surely that in itself is good ammunition for them?

Sounds like everything is being tried though, so all I can do is wish you luck in getting it progressed.

(committed) Tue 23-Apr-13 15:40:41
Print Post

Well I can't fault Freeola from a customer service point of view. Unless I jump to TT LLU all ISPs are at the mercy of BT in one form or another, so will probably stay in the frying pan!

Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Fri 20-Sep-13 14:57:08
Print Post

Update on this...

Just investigating to see why my connection was on a 'go slow' and I've found that my IPSC node and changed again?!

I'm now back on Faraday.
Currently Faraday is running at 93% and Stepney Green (where I was moved to) is on 75%

#Great frown

Anyone know if it's Entanet or BT that move/balance these things?
Last time I asked Enta but didn't get very far...

Standard User freeola
(member) Mon 23-Sep-13 10:39:18
Print Post

Last time I checked for you I was told it was BT that was responsible.

Rob

Freeola
http://freeola.com - Broadband, Hosting & Instant Sites - Support
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Sep-13 14:48:31
Print Post

[re: freeola] [link to this post]

Thanks Rob,
Hopefully Entanet keep an eye on the capacity every now and then... as I guess this is down to them.
It looks like others have also been moved, as Faraday now seems to be the 'busy' node.

It seems which ever node I'm on it's in the red for a lot of the day - can't be me! wink

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to