User comments on ISPs
  >> Entanet International Ltd.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tivo_lad
(learned) Mon 05-Aug-13 09:32:25
Print Post

UKFSN - Time to move on?

[link to this post]

I've been with UKFSN since Jan 2007 and overall the service has been fine (recognising that the Internet access itself is resold). However, I have found recently that service has started to deteriorate. Database Access via the UKFSN Contol Panel has been down since at least last Wednesday, the HelpDesk system link is broken and I've had no response to an eMail. I know the proprietor went solo a while back. Am I the only one with these issues because I'm begiining to wonder whether it's not time to move on to another Enta reseller?
Standard User HarryHomers
(regular) Mon 05-Aug-13 09:42:23
Print Post

Re: UKFSN - Time to move on?

[re: tivo_lad] [link to this post]

I moved to Vivaciti a couple of months ago after Jason went aol and everything seems ok so far, you can actually talk to them too.

Cheers.

Mike.
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-Aug-13 11:46:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by tivo_lad:
Am I the only one with these issues because I'm begiining to wonder whether it's not time to move on to another Enta reseller?
Taking a look through the other UKFSN threads here should help you...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User professor973
(experienced) Mon 05-Aug-13 11:54:52
Print Post

If you move to another Enta reseller, I am sure you will not beat the customer service and offerings of Freeola. They are the first to keep this grumpy old devil happy lol

Zen Home Talk Plus - Freeola Family Broadband.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png
Standard User tivo_lad
(learned) Mon 05-Aug-13 12:21:01
Print Post

[re: b4dger] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by b4dger:
Taking a look through the other UKFSN threads here should help you...

I'm aware of the various threads that have been started here, but I was interested in whether the specific issues (esp Database) were current and known by other UKFSN users.
Standard User HarryHomers
(regular) Mon 05-Aug-13 22:26:00
Print Post

I was interested in whether the specific issues (esp Database) were current and known by other UKFSN users.

I only used them for my connection and email, so I cannot comment on that.

Cheers.

Mike.

Edited by HarryHomers (Mon 05-Aug-13 22:26:56)

Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Aug-13 01:49:23
Print Post

Any LLU available, fibre services or cable available? Not as good customer service but might be worth saving a bit. I only ring my ISP around once or twice a year - hardly worth paying extra for better support for me.
Standard User tivo_lad
(learned) Tue 06-Aug-13 08:14:34
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
Any LLU available, fibre services or cable available? Not as good customer service but might be worth saving a bit. I only ring my ISP around once or twice a year - hardly worth paying extra for better support for me.
Haha, you must be kidding. We don't have mains drainage here let alone things like Fibre or 4G (we're lucky to get 2G most of the time, but that's another story).

I don't require ongoing support, just stuff that works and if it doesn't work a reasonable expectation that Support responds and fixes it. Seems that most folks don't use UKFSN's other services, but in their current state I can't move anything because I can't even FTP to the website or conenct to the Database.

Edited by tivo_lad (Tue 06-Aug-13 08:15:23)

Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Aug-13 08:27:45
Print Post

I don't require ongoing support, just stuff that works and if it doesn't work a reasonable expectation that Support responds and fixes it. Seems that most folks don't use UKFSN's other services, but in their current state I can't move anything because I can't even FTP to the website or conenct to the Database.
So in this case basically any ISP will do for you. With any ISP, if it doesn't work they should fix it, usually by sending out BT openreach. Which exchange are you connected too?

I would move on since you are having this much difficulty. Out of interest how much are you currently paying & what's your kind of usage, ie do you need unlimited?

Also you would be surprised how common 2g is in major cities, even London! I get 2g in a fair few friends houses around London. Well I did on o2 & voda, EE is a fair bit better.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Tue 06-Aug-13 08:28:57)

Standard User Kanon
(regular) Tue 06-Aug-13 12:47:39
Print Post

I've been with UKFSN since Jan 2007 and overall the service has been fine (recognising that the Internet access itself is resold). However, I have found recently that service has started to deteriorate. Database Access via the UKFSN Contol Panel has been down since at least last Wednesday, the HelpDesk system link is broken and I've had no response to an eMail. I know the proprietor went solo a while back. Am I the only one with these issues because I'm begiining to wonder whether it's not time to move on to another Enta reseller?

I also noticed last week that nothing seems to work after you log into the control panel. After checking today its still broken with no way to contact Jason to request a MAC. The 020 telephone number doesn't work either. I've been with UKFSN for a good few years but it's time to move on.

Can someone tell me how to get in contact with Enta to request my MAC?
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Aug-13 13:11:26
Print Post

...but in their current state I can't move anything because I can't even FTP to the website or conenct to the Database.
Re. FTP access have you seen the note on UKFSN's support page?
http://www.ukfsn.org/support.html

I like the way it says "...everything is working properly as of this morning" but there's no date (that I can see) mentioned so I'm not sure which morning that was wink

Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Aug-13 13:14:38
Print Post

[re: Kanon] [link to this post]

By phone or email.
Enta's contact details are here: www.enta.net/Contact-us/

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 06-Aug-13 15:00:58
Print Post

The broadband support number on UKFSN's website, 0333 101 0600, is actually Enta support. They can sort out your MAC, but it might go to your UKFSN Control Panel. If you can't to that then get them to give it you direct.

If you can get there, I believe the MAC request in there automatically gets it from Enta and it is returned there quite quickly.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 06-Aug-13 15:01:59)

Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Aug-13 15:10:07
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The number on the ukfsn site is 020 3002 4830 but I can confirm nobody picks it up, hehe gave it a go.
It's good to hear you can just call Enta directly though!
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Aug-13 15:14:39
Print Post

I've heard good things about Vivaciti. As a non entanet reseller on a market one exchange (I'm assuming here) plusnet have some decent deals and may be worth considering! The price would be slightly more than initially stated on the plusnet website if there's no llu at your exchange. Still priced competitively though and plenty of people swear by this ISP.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Tue 06-Aug-13 15:15:40)

Standard User Kanon
(regular) Tue 06-Aug-13 15:45:31
Print Post

In reply to a post by b4dger:
By phone or email.
Enta's contact details are here: www.enta.net/Contact-us/

Thanks. I really should have looked for it myself. I'm getting lazy frown

MAC requested.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 06-Aug-13 17:57:15
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

The number on the ukfsn site is 020 3002 4830 but I can confirm nobody picks it up, hehe gave it a go.
[cough]
http://www.ukfsn.org/about-us.html , broadband support.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Aug-13 19:22:51
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
[cough]
http://www.ukfsn.org/about-us.html , broadband support.
I was looking here http://www.ukfsn.org/about-us/code-of-practice.html oops! I just googled ukfsn contact us and that was the page it took me too.
(experienced) Tue 06-Aug-13 20:58:33
Print Post

I think that was put up after the last time everything went AWOL, Jason included a few months ago.

Standard User aquiss
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 07-Aug-13 10:57:09
Print Post

Personally speaking, I find the lack of updates from Jason a little odd. Once very active, now rarely a peep.

The contact address is a bit strange though, so if you do write to UKFSN, it maybe worth seeking address details elsewhere. The postcode quoted WD6 4EL is not matching Shenley Road. There quite some distance apart in fact.

Martin Pitt
Aquiss Limited
http://www.aquiss.net

Unlimited Family Broadband Packages : http://www.aquiss.net/broadband-unlimited.php
Standard User ukfsn
(knowledge is power) Wed 07-Aug-13 18:43:38
Print Post

If you want to request a MAC you can do so either via the Control Panel (which is now working) or, as has always been the case, by emailing support at ukfsn.org

UK Free Software Network
http://www.ukfsn.org/
ADSL Broadband, Hosting, Domains, SSL and more
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 07-Aug-13 19:04:47
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

Maybe he forgot to change it last time he moved. I expect you know, but for the benefit of anyone needing it, the Companies House address is as per UKFSN's website except the postcode given is WD6 1AT. Which is what is also given in his Code of Practice.

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 07-Aug-13 19:05:22)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 07-Aug-13 19:06:11
Print Post

[re: ukfsn] [link to this post]

While your correcting that postcode entry Jason, (in About Us), you might like to professionalise "We will always investigate and respond to all complaints received in a professional and timely manor." tongue

Similarly the Service Status link in your footer. It's also now 2013, re copyright. And isn't it time the months old service status was either given a date, (like all such entries should have), or deleted? It did cause confusion earlier in this thread.

Standard User Lethe
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 07-Aug-13 23:58:46
Print Post

RobertoS,

What has UKFSN got to do with you? I don't post on other ISP forums, and I doubt many other people do.

Nick
(experienced) Thu 08-Aug-13 00:03:18
Print Post

[re: Lethe] [link to this post]

I take it that remark applies to me also. This site is to help users of all suppliers. If as rude as you, I might ask what you are doing sticking your neck into a thread you did not start as you are not the ISP in question.

Edited by professor973 (Thu 08-Aug-13 00:04:51)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 08-Aug-13 01:03:26
Print Post

Do you think it wrong of me to suggest Jason corrects mistakes I have noticed on his website?

If I was considering an ISP that was claiming a professional approach and saw a glaring error in the same sentence as that word it wouldn't give me great confidence. Does it you? Don't you think I might be helping him?

In any case, who the heck are you to tell me what and where to post? How much help do you provide to people on these forums, compared to what I do?

If you are aware of any errors in my posts, feel free to tell me smile. I don't like misinforming people, so you would help me and the person I misinformed.

Isn't that what public forums are about? Trying to help each other?

Edit - how about when I supported you here? tongue

Edited by RobertoS (Thu 08-Aug-13 01:07:11)

Standard User Lethe
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 08-Aug-13 10:00:29
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

I have been with UKFSN since the start - yet you don't see me in the Zen forum or any ISP forum running the ISP down.

I can't see what interest it is to anybody else about UKFSN unless they are UKFSN customers.

It's called 'sticking yer nose in'

Nick
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Aug-13 10:31:54
Print Post

FWIW
The OP was asking if it's "time to move on?". So it seems fair that others comment.

TBB is an open forum where anyone can get involved or show an interest smile

This is posted in the Entanet section - I can recommend Freeola as a decent professional alternative for Entanet products.

(experienced) Thu 08-Aug-13 10:54:13
Print Post

The OP was asking for advice - The idea of this forum is to give advice instead of being a PITA like you. Get a life.

(experienced) Thu 08-Aug-13 11:17:20
Print Post

This is posted in the Entanet section - I can recommend Freeola as a decent professional alternative for Entanet products.

+1

Standard User Lethe
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 08-Aug-13 20:36:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by professor973:
The idea of this forum is to give advice instead of being a PITA like you. Get a life.

The idea of this forum is for Entanet reseller customers.

I think you, and RobertoS (who seems to read and reply to every post) get a life.

Now, seeing as you are NOT with an Entanet reseller, I cannot see how you can give advice - basically, as I pointed out, you are just sticking your oar in to rubbish something you haven't a clue about.

Nick
(experienced) Thu 08-Aug-13 20:45:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by Lethe:
In reply to a post by professor973:
The idea of this forum is to give advice instead of being a PITA like you. Get a life.

I think you, and RobertoS (who seems to read and reply to every post) get a life.

Now, seeing as you are NOT with an Entanet reseller, I cannot see how you can give advice - basically, as I pointed out, you are just sticking your oar in to rubbish something you haven't a clue about.

Nick

What are Freeola if not an Enta reseller clevedick? You are very lucky you and your 'Computer Balls' are out of reach, after calling me a fool and oar stickerinnera. More to the point, by your rule of thumb, what is a know nothing like you doing 'Sticking your oar in' to a Freeola members question? http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/general/t/4246563-r...
Oh, and 'Sticking your oar' into a Zen members query also, which you will note I have a right to enter in your silly world. http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/general/t/4242259-r...

Edited by professor973 (Thu 08-Aug-13 23:23:01)

Standard User partial
(member) Thu 08-Aug-13 21:00:00
Print Post

UKFSN donates it's profits to 'worthy causes' and used to heavily market here, along with a host of Entanet resellers that also used to or continue to heavily market on the forum.

Although in recent times it is true that UKFSN have gone to ground and no longer market in the forum and appear to be somewhat secretive of their trading status as well as the amount of cash that they have donated to 'worthy causes'.

I would expect ,given the history, that forum members, whoever they subscribe to, would have an interest in UKFSN.

Edited by partial (Thu 08-Aug-13 21:01:21)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 08-Aug-13 21:05:36
Print Post

He's just showing the value of any advice he could give to the OP in respect of answering the "Subject". Doesn't even know one of the best Entanet resellers.

(experienced) Thu 08-Aug-13 21:10:28
Print Post

He's just showing the value of any advice he could give to the OP in respect of answering the "Subject". Doesn't even know one of the best Entanet resellers.

Easy to get into a spat when we think we are correct, but he is a perfect example of the small element of most forums that make me blow a gasget. I actually do find them the best I have encountered over the years. Started with Prestel and an acoustic modem, then suffered most from Freeserve and Toucansurf through to where I am now.

Edited by professor973 (Thu 08-Aug-13 21:13:16)

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Aug-13 21:13:14
Print Post

I'm begiining to wonder whether it's not time to move on to another Enta reseller?

The UKFSN site seems to have some advice on this subject: http://www.ukfsn.org/new-page.html

Oliver.
(experienced) Thu 08-Aug-13 21:19:44
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
I'm begiining to wonder whether it's not time to move on to another Enta reseller?

The UKFSN site seems to have some advice on this subject: http://www.ukfsn.org/new-page.html

Never checked them out before - God they're expensive and not un-metered till midnight. No wonder they appear to be going down the tubes, when other Enta resellers offer a far better deal. They even charge for hosting.

Edited by professor973 (Thu 08-Aug-13 21:21:26)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 08-Aug-13 21:40:41
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

Doubtful that anything has been donated for years. The last news I saw was something like he would be supporting an undergraduate somewhere, but nothing more was ever heard.

Net assets at the end of November 2008 were minus £11,442, having been negative for several years. No accounts were filed after those figures, which is why the company was struck off and Jason is now a "Sole Trader".

No doubt all explained in the email sent to all UKFSN customers on 18 June. Along with Kimi at the time, I am amused that Lethe referred to that email as being from UKFSN support. Very chuckle-making.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 08-Aug-13 22:20:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by Lethe:
No, it isn't! It is a public forum where anyone can contribute their pennyworth if they so wish.

Look up meaning of 'forum'. It is an 'open public space'.

You have no authority to yell anyone to not post here.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User Sceptic
(experienced) Thu 08-Aug-13 22:30:44
Print Post

Please leave out the offensive language other people read this forum.
(experienced) Thu 08-Aug-13 22:47:38
Print Post

[re: Sceptic] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Sceptic:
Please leave out the offensive language other people read this forum.

NO - Not while people treat me like he did, unless you own this site.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 08-Aug-13 22:50:55
Print Post

Probably a good idea, as the post will almost certainly get deleted by a mod when they crawl out of bed in the morning, but with acceptable language it would still be a great post smile.

I bet Jason wishes the poster would stop digging his hole for him tongue.

(experienced) Thu 08-Aug-13 23:13:31
Print Post

Probably a good idea, as the post will almost certainly get deleted by a mod when they crawl out of bed in the morning, but with acceptable language it would still be a great post smile.

I bet Jason wishes the poster would stop digging his hole for him tongue.

Tamed it slightly Bob, but when someone that spouts total rubbish calls me the fool, it does get my back up somewhat. Never mind fourth test tomorrow, so I can come back down to a simmer via Vipbox, though the mention usually starts another spat Lol

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 09-Aug-13 00:09:14
Print Post

Ummm. If you're lucky tongue .

I have to say one of the best clangers I've seen in weeks was:-
Classic!

(experienced) Fri 09-Aug-13 00:17:28
Print Post

Yeah, though 'It's all gone quiet over there' as the song goes. Probably keeping his head down after such a monumental clanger - Talking of getting heads down ...

(experienced) Sun 15-Sep-13 12:36:31
Print Post

It's all gone quiet over there, oh it's all ......

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to